Urinating pure blood

S

Squishy22

My moms dog has a serious problem. Today she noticed that her female dog is peeing blood. Not just pink urine either. Its bloody red. I think this has been a problem for at least a week, because thats when reggin started smelling and licking her behind when she would come in from going potty.

The obvious thing to assume is that she has a bladder infection, but could it be caused from something else?

Another thing. And this is where the real problem comes in. My mom is not one for saving money, so she has no way of taking her dog to the vet. She is flat broke. So, she is going to borrow money from my boyfriend who doesn't get paid until next Wednesday. If its a bladder infection it looks like its in its advanced stages and yet she cant be seen until next week. What kind of problems can arise if left untreated for that long?

I feel bad for her poor dog.

Giny

Poor baby! She need to go to the vet ASAP. Personally going threw my own UTI, I can't imagine having to wait that long for treatments. And if left untreated it can spread into her kidneys.

Also, kidney stone can cause blood in urine.

Doberluv

A bladder infection doesn't cause bleeding. There's something else, more serious going on I fear. That dog needs to see a vet ASAP. Your mom needs to find some way to pay for it...ask a neighbor for a loan, ask the vet to take payments...something. If she can not take care of her dog, she should find someone who can. It is just no good to not give medical care when we are in charge of another life. I hope everything will be OK.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
My moms dog had a similar problem. turns out she had bladder stones or something of the like and had to have surgery to have them removed. She needs to go to the vet.

bubbatd

^^^^ agree !!! This is an immediate vet call ....doesn't anyone have a credit card ?? Payment won't be due until next month .

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Sweet moses, yes take her to a vet! Peeing pure blood is a huge red (no pun) flag that something is terribly wrong!

Could be kidney stones, could be bladder stones. At the very least get her to grab some of the urine and take that in to the vet and have them do a urinalysis on it and see if there are any crystals present. Should be like a $30 test.

S

Squishy22

Ok, so my mom just called the vet and she told them she has no money. He told her to come in as soon as she can pay for it. Vet said that its going to cost $60 to $80 for the test plus the visit, and the meds will be $15 IF its a bladder infection.

I had a bladder infection last year. I was also peeing pure blood, and it was VERY painful, so I know how much pain her dog must be going through. Poor poor thing!!

I just want to explain the situation a little more here...

I am frustrated with my mother. She should have money saved, but she likes to spend all of it. Quite irresponsible. She has financial problems that I would rather not go into. But my boyfriend ended up having to save $120 for a starter for my moms car, because she hasn't paid for it and its going out. We rely on my moms car for his transportation to get him to and from work. It usually takes 5 to 10 times to get her car to start. I dont think her car is going to make it until she gets paid on the 3rd and gets it fixed. I guess Brandon can pay for the vet, but then he risks losing his job if her car stops working, and we have a baby on the way quite soon.

I dont even know if Brandon is willing to pay for her vet before he gets paid again, because it puts him in jeopardy of losing his job. It took him a month to find a job in the first place (we live in a tiny town) and then he has a baby on the way in less than 2 months.

I cant stand to see an animal in pain. This is just crazy. :( :(

I am leaning more towards talking him into paying for the vet even though he might lose his job. This is an emergency. What do you guys think?

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
urinary infections can be EXTREMELY painful, and I agree that this really should be addressed by a vet immediately. There could also be a stone causing the bleeding as well..or at worse case a tumor, so anything you can do to expedite the vet visit is a good thing.

S

Squishy22

My mom just told me that she has applied for something very similar to carecredit before, and she was denied.

She has absolutely HORRIBLE credit, so I doubt she will be approved. I guess its worth a try.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Is the dog displaying any other abnormalities? I'm almost thinking it could be lepto. =/

elegy

overdogged
could be a clotting issue, too. she needs to find a way to have the dog seen asap.

ACooper

I am hoping the dog gets in soon, and hoping it is quickly/cheaply fixed........poor puppers :(

bubbatd

Don't you or she know anyone with a credit card !!?? This dog needs help !!!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Wow. There has to be a way to get this dog in. It can obviously be extremely painful and seems cruel to make her wait for treatment. Poor girl. I hope everything works out for her soon. Is Zoom's suggestion possible at all?

S

Squishy22

Is the dog displaying any other abnormalities? I'm almost thinking it could be lepto. =/
Whats lepto? Never heard of it before. Well, I am not sure if this has to do with whats wrong with her, but she has been acting quite lazy. Not quite herself. She stays in my mothers room and sleeps. She will sleep the entire day away if my mom is not home. I dont know if its because she is getting older or what, but its just something I noticed.

S

Squishy22

Don't you or she know anyone with a credit card !!?? This dog needs help !!!
I do not own any credit cards. My mom has few and they are all maxed out. Nobody in her family will allow her to borrow money, because she is not so great with paying people back.

Members online