Nintendo 3DS

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Who has one? Make me feel better about wanting one lol. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one but I feel too old. But I want to play Pokemon and fire emblem and Zelda! And my sister, her bf, and my step brother keep showing of their DS's.

Sooooo worth it? Such a productive way to spend my Christmas bonus haha.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
My brother has a 3ds. I can't use the 3d, gives me a migraine no matter how I set it up. My neurologist didn't seem terribly surprised, going by my last. Lol

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I have one :eek:

Dan actually got it for me and I thought it was sooooo silly, but I have to admit, it's a lot of fun to play. I love all the Mario games, donkey Kong, etc... And I can't wait to play zelda :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I have one!! I bought the Pikachu version... if they hadn't had a Pikachu version I would have probably gone a looooooong time without buying one...

I don't use the 3D at all. It makes me feel sick. I have vertigo issues though. But it's no big deal, I don't need it for any of the games I play. I bought the latest Professor Layton game and also Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS... there are more games I want but I just can't afford to throw down $30 or $40 on a video game anymore. I'm asking for Pokemon X for Christmas!

I'm older than you are so... yeah. hahaha. Get one! I would say if you do any gaming still it's worth it. Honestly almost all of my gaming for years now has been done on my older DS.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Have it. Was totally bummed about not getting the Pikachu version, but oh well. I have Pokemon X, LoTR Lego, Harvest Moon, and Nintendogs.

umterps97

Oh, I'm way older than you (38!) and when my boyfriend saw that Ocarina of Time came out on the 3DS he got the system for me. I thought he was crazy, but I really like playing it (although I use it with the 3D off almost all the time).

Go for it! :)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I don't have one....but my sister does, and I fully intend to steal it from her to play the new Pokemon games and Kingdom Hearts. :D

Lyzelle

2DS plays both DS and 3DS games and does not have 3D, so that is probably a better bet honestly. It is also set up more like a tablet and therefore less prone to injury. Also much cheaper. Check your local Gamestop. :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Hai, huge 3DS gamer here.

Uh, what? Too old? Most Nintendo events I attend have more thirtysomethings than kids or young adults, haha. You're never too old to enjoy video games and you shouldn't be ashamed.

The 3DS has an amazing game library now, and lots of the great games are supercheap because the system's been out a while. The streetpass feature and its related activities are really awesome, too - take your DS with you in your purse, "pass" other people and get bonuses in some games, plus play really neat mini-games that are built into the system.

I love that I can download full games into my system as opposed to having a million cartridges. I have Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon AND Ace Attorney all at my fingertips on the go, without having to carry (and risk losing) cartridges. The e-shop also has retro games and other fun stuff available.

I have a 3DS XL. Sadly it's pink, but I skinned it. :D I love it. I never use the 3D. Half the games I have don't really make use of the 3D either, haha. It was a limited-novelty thing and you don't need the 3D on, ever. The 3DS has way better graphics capability than the original DS, so it's still worth the dosh.

I personally would never go with a 2DS, I tried one in person at the Pokemon X/Y launch party and the screens are even smaller than the regular 3DS. ugh, pass. Nintendo designed it specifically for the younger (age 6-12) age bracket for less chance of it breaking and no fear of the 3D hurting a child's eyes. I like the XL screens, much kinder on my eyes.

If you want to know anything else, let me know! The BF and I are huge gamers, especially with 3DS. We're members of the local Streetpass/3DS game group too. Nerds are we. :D

ETA: For good geeky measure, here's some pics of my skinned 3DS XL. I get a lot of comments on the custom skin. :D It's "Volcano" by Alex Noriega. Just the right amount of girly without being too... pink.

And the crocheted cozy I made for it so it wouldn't get all scuffed up in my bag while I collect Streetpasses!

Last edited:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just wanted to piggy-back of something Allie said - when they say XL they MEAN it! When I pulled the Pikachu 3DSXL out of the box I was like HOLY BALLS. It's big. I don't really think the DS Lite screens are small but wow, haha. The unit itself doesn't really seem that much bigger comparatively but the screens!! Wow!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I got the Zelda 3DS XL. I went in 'just to look' and saw the triforce on it and was like OMG MUST HAVE!

So yeah... that indecision didn't last long. (But it's gold and triforce-y!)

Don't much like the 3D because it seems like you have to hold it in the exact right spot or else you're seeing double. My eyes are already bad enough but the graphics are great with the 3D turned off. I haven't had a hand held gaming system since the Gameboy Advanced and it has certainly come a long ways!

Now I need game ideas. So far I only have the Zelda game (free download with the Zelda version) and pokemon. I was super embarrassed buying it but it's already a lot of fun and nostalgic. I haven't played pokemon in 3 generations.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Can you download Ocarina of Time? They didn't have it in store, sadly. It is the one I really wanted as I've sadly never played through all of Ocarina and my 64 is MIA between all the moving.

Kayla

I just bought a 3DS and Pokemon y! OMG it rocks!!

Your never to old for pokemon! I literally think it's where my current love of dog training stems from.

Occasionally in the past I've caught myself thinking things like yes Duke (my dog)'s tracking skills have grown to level 2.

Members online

No members online now.