New Years Resolutions

The school I'm at now is a city school, it's a cheap education but a great school. If transferring doesn't work out, I'll gladly stay, but if I don't try I'll always regret it. I had a pretty high SAT score and have kept a 4.0 GPA all through college, plus have a good résumé. If I didn't think I had a decent shot, I wouldn't bother applying.
My sister has a 4.1 and scored 32 on the ACT and couldn't even get accepted to an Ivy League cause she only has 1 extracurricular. She definitely wouldn't have been able to get any scholarships. She can't even get enough scholarships to afford to go out of state to a regular school. In state she has full paid tuition, though. To any in state school. I didn't realize it was so hard to qualify for this stuff.

milos_mommy

My sister has a 4.1 and scored 32 on the ACT and couldn't even get accepted to an Ivy League cause she only has 1 extracurricular. She definitely wouldn't have been able to get any scholarships. She can't even get enough scholarships to afford to go out of state to a regular school. In state she has full paid tuition, though. To any in state school. I didn't realize it was so hard to qualify for this stuff.
I don't know if your sister had that GPA in high school or college, but there's probably a pretty big difference between maintaing a GPA of 4.0 in high school or AP courses and maintaining a GPA in 300-level college courses. I also have a lot of extracurriculars. Like I said, I know I have a decent shot at getting accepted and scholarships - based on talking to admissions counselors and graduate students who also got accepted for programs and grants. I don't just think I'm going to get into a great school because I have good grades.

ETA: I also want to point out....extracurriculars don't count for nearly as much if they're "Newspaper committee" or "volunteered at animal shelter" or "French club". When you're the editor of the newspaper, coordinator of rescue events, president of X clubs, or held a higher-positioned job in or right after high school, you probably have a much better chance.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
get back to eating properly and lose the 20 lbs I put back on. We would also like to buy a new house but I don't know that it will happen this year.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I guess my NYR is to not let small things bother me, like when something disrupts my morning routine I get all irritated & moody (it's kind of an ADD thing so I don't know how easy it will be to change it lol) I resolve to try to be a more "go with the flow" kind of person.

Of course of my OH had it his way my NYR would be to quit smoking ... But I do not want to quit I do not want to Sam I am :/

Members online