I know I am a horrible person...help PLEASE

Okay, so I know I am horrible, I have not even posted pics yet and I am here asking for help:eek:

Bella, is a great puppy, still has not had an accident and was never taken outside to go to the bathroom before we got her. She is a little devilish, already ruined a shirt of mine, while I was wearing it:yikes: lol

The problem is she cries so bad everytime she is in the crate. It gets so bad she begins to choke and I have to get her out. She was never crated at the breeders she used xpens. She was an only puppy, so I dont know if having mommies attention all the time was a problem. I slept most of the night with my fingers through the bars of the crate and she would sleep on them, it was that or NO sleep. I dont know what to do. She is small and will have to be crated when I am not home so she doesnt get hurt, Elle does not get crated anymore, so I dont know if that will make her jealous or not. So, do I leave her in and let her choke? I dont know what to do..

Thanks

Elissa

I know that when Charlie was younger and use to cry ALOT more than he does now, whenever we put the crate in my bedroom he would start whining and crying like crazy. So, we put his crate downstairs since we were getting NO sleep whatsoever. That night - perfect! He hardly cried at all (well almost hehe). Maybe if she sees you then she'll think that you'll let her out or 'rescue' her. Maybe if you're out of sight it would help? I don't know if its Elle that's the problem...might be, but I've never had multiple dogs.

I was afraid to put her out of earshot, because I want to know if she needs to go outside.

I wonder if she is jealous that Elle is out of the crate in bed or playing or whatever and she is not. But I dont want to crate Elle now all of a sudden.

Giny

I'm the worst for giving advice on this matter. The first night we had Boomer with us I did crate him and he not only cried but howled like crazy and it broke my heart. He ended up sleeping with us the rest of the night and still does till this day.

And to add, you are not horrible person!!!

Keep us posted with more news on Bella, with pictures. :D

LOL, I feel better now that I got pictures up!

Eventually Bella too will sleep in the bed, I am getting the feeling it will be sooner rather then later:rolleyes:

I worry though, the bed is HIGH... and she is very very small, she tried to jump off a couch, that is fairly low and just kinda flopped down on her stomach:(

We will see how the next few nights go.

Elissa

Brattina88

this is worth a try: make a warm water bottle covered with your shirt, pillow case, blanket or something. Place it, on top of a little ticking clock, in the crate. The warmth and ticking usually soothes them and aides them in falling asleep. It also helps if you exercise her, and then let her rest before putting her in the crate.

Crates are wonderful tools if not over-used and abused ;) Let us know how it goes; even if you decide to let her sleep in the bed :)

I will def. try those things Brattina!

By the way i have a HUGE favor to ask of you:)

Once she gets cut, if I send you a pic, could you update my siggy PUHLEASE:hail: :hail: :hail:

Giny

LOL, I feel better now that I got pictures up!

Eventually Bella too will sleep in the bed, I am getting the feeling it will be sooner rather then later:rolleyes:

I worry though, the bed is HIGH... and she is very very small, she tried to jump off a couch, that is fairly low and just kinda flopped down on her stomach:(

We will see how the next few nights go.

Elissa
I keep forgetting she's only 9 weeks. Boomer was 16 weeks when we got him, a big difference in age. I can see why you'd be afraid for her in bed. Though when the dogs where pups I did put pillows on the floor along side the bed just in case. Also one of the first things I thought the dogs to do, same time as potty training, is teaching them to jump off and on furniture by using a small benches. I'm even thinking of getting those carpeted stairs they now sell at Wal-Mart for them. Kassie is too small to even try and jump off even today, but Boomer will try it once in a while and I have to redirect him to the bench.

Ya know I'm going to want to see more pictures. hehe!

Members online

No members online now.