Do you know any famous people?

Some of my friends know Ian Dunbar. That gets me all fangirl excited.

I've talked to Punit Soni on G+ and was all giddy. Yes, I realize how nerdy that makes me.
I friended Pamela Dennison on Facebook and I go stupid any time she likes/comments on any thing of mine. Once she commented on a photo and my boyfriend said something weird and I was like "STOP. DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO RIGHT NOW?" :p

Picklepaige

My cousin is Andy Buckley, aka David Wallace on The Office. He was also in the newest Alvin and the Chipmunks movie as the captain.

I rode a horse that was on a Mary Kate and Ashley movie, and my dad was invited to a club by Morgan Freeman. That's pretty much it.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I sold dog food to Donovan McNabb, holy Christ, most unhelpful person ever. Like...wasn't even willing to push his own cart to the dog food, and watched as I loaded the bags into his car. Buddy, your arm muscles are bigger than my head :rolleyes:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I've met Big Boi from Outkast. Totally did not know who he was. Sold drinks to Evander Holyfield a couple of times. Sold gas to Ludacris.

I had a very long conversation with Fonzworth Bentley, who is apparently someone to Sean Combs about why life sucks. I had no idea who he was. He was just this really well dressed, really nice guy with a cool umbrella at work. It wasn't until my co-workers came over to tell me who he was and why he was famous that I was like, "Oh. Cool."

I had no idea what Big Boi looked like either, so I was completely blasé about talking to them.

I've had many many conversations with Bruce Bruce (a comedian) and had to tell him once my boss wanted him to leave because he wouldn't quit hitting on her.

But the best one is I met ThisWildIdea and his dog Maddie. The famous Maddie. Of "Maddie on things" fame. I got her pawtograph and his autograph. He was a super super nice guy, and Maddie was just a dog, lol.

THIS Maddie!

Romy

Taxiderpy
I'm friends with several authors. My friend Jim Melvin's series is on the Amazon bestseller list. Holly Lisle has helped me with some writing projects too.

A lot of my random friends are really accomplished, and the stuff they did is famous, though I don't know that you'd consider them famous people. Like my friend Laura was a pro spelunker and was on the two week underground expedition that mapped out Mammoth Caves.

Another friend is an actress and one of her screenplays just got picked up by a big producer, so she may end up more "famous".

My dear friend Rachel Corrie is internationally famous for getting murdered in Gaza by an Israeli soldier while doing relief work. :(

Another friend is the art director for Bungee and is responsible for the design of Master Chief and all the awesomeness of the Halo franchise.

One of my cousins is the scientist who figured out who to insert the DNA into a different egg cell, which made cloning possible.

etc. etc.

I've met a lot of celebrity/famous type people, but don't know them. Met Patrick Rothfuss a couple of times and that was awesome. He led a big group song version of You Are My Sunshine. Ran into the mayor of Seattle before, and a lot of people in my old ward at church were Amazon CEOs and stuff.

Hillside

Original Twin
But the best one is I met ThisWildIdea and his dog Maddie. The famous Maddie. Of "Maddie on things" fame. I got her pawtograph and his autograph. He was a super super nice guy, and Maddie was just a dog, lol.

THIS Maddie!
My friend Garrett is on tour with them right now. :D

BostonBanker

I don't know any to the point where I could say "I know them". Some of the members of Phish are pretty much regulars to see around town; one brings his kids to play on the playground at the school my mother taught at until last year - I think one of them actually just started school there.

I'm related to Bill Nye the Science Guy. Not all that closely, and I've never met him, but he used to get mentioned all the time in the newsletters our family association puts out.

I have little desire to meet much of anyone, so meeting famous people isn't high on my list of fun activities, but I admit to loving watching interviews and stuff. Show People on YouTube is one of my obsessions.

crazedACD

Oh! I forgot I met Ron Tremper, the guy who maintains a huge leopard gecko website and breeds. He works for United Pet Group. He told me his name and I just kind of got stupid and stuttered "Tremper, as in, Leopard Geckos?". Hahaha.

MicksMom

....On the dog front, I run into Petra Ford a couple of times a month. Her business is in the same building where we do Nosework and Rally.
Oh yeah- also on the dog front, I met Wayne Ferguson, the guy who opened Cherrybrook a few years ago.

JacksonsMom

Backstreet Boys, lol. AJ more than the others. He would know who I was if we ran into each other by name.

Umm my uncle? Sort of. He played major league baseball for many teams but was most famous on the Yankees and the Braves. And I used to know all of his teammates and such.

Bob Saget, haha. My uncle is decent friends with him and I've met him twice, and have his e-mail and phone. And Dave Coulier (uncle Joey) did an event for our charity that we run, so we hung with him all night.

I've met others but it was just a one-time 'let's take a picture' kind of thing - Pink, John Stamos, Lance and JC from Nsync... oh god, I know there's a bunch more, I can't remember right now. I just met Tom Hanks, Peter Scolari, Christopher Macdonald, and others yesterday (was about to post a thread, LOL)

I am always interested in meeting some of my favorite people in television, movies, etc. I totally realize they're just... people. I've never been the type to be all 'OHMAIGOD I LOVE YOU' screamer person. hahah. I've just always enjoyed meeting someone that you've grown up either listening to, or watching, or whatever. I just think it's a fun experience and something to look back on with fond memories, and one day show your children, etc.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
i used to be friends with Brett Gurewitz and Greg Graffin back in the day, but we lost touch during one of my moves when i lost Gregs address and couldnt give them my new one :(

id like to manage to make it to one of their shows so i can try to pin Greg down and reintroduce myself, but i doubt that will ever happen lol

ETA: after reading through the thread a bit more, I remembered another-- my old roommate back in Seattle is an friend of Brian Warner (they went to jr high and high school together) and he had him over one weekend, and i sat in my living room and had a beer and talked graphics with him for a few minutes. at the time i had no idea who the hell it was (jeans, button down shirt, no makeup) and had a passing thought that he was very elegant and attractive. David (my roommate) just introduced him as "Brian" with no reference to Marilyn Manson O_O after he left and a few days later David was like "you know who that was, right?" and thought it was hilarious that i didnt :rolleyes:

Lyzelle

No one worldwide, I think. Local talent and "famous" people, though....yeah, tons. Hang out all the time.

Nothing overly amazing or anything, though. People are people.

Members online

No members online now.