Prayers for my mom, please

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Thanks for asking, Renee.

I heard from my sister, who spoke to my dad. Her kidney function is looking better and she is overall doing well. They were going to try to stand her up later in the day and possibly move her out of the ICU tomorrow. I'm hoping to get away to see her tomorrow sometime in the midst of it all.

Overall, we seem to be moving in the right direction. :)

Doberluv

Oh, that is good news Eddie. Sending my best to your Mom for continued improvement. That was a little scary, wasn't it. Lots of good wishes coming your way.

That does sound like good news :) And the sooner she can start moving around the less pain she's going to have to manage later, so it's doubly good they're working on getting her on her feet so fast.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Excellent news. Vibes for speedy healing so she can get home for the holidays.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
sounds like it's a good thing they caught this in time--scary! Glad to hear that she is improving....continued good thoughts and prayers for her recovery!

ACooper

OH! Sorry I didn't see this sooner!

Glad to hear things are starting to improve........prayers and warm thoughts sent :)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Just left the hospital. Mom looks pretty good. She's miserable, of course. We had a good chat for a couple of hours. Kidney output seems decent.

They will keep her in the ICU through the weekend. So hopefully they will move her Monday.

Glad to hear it! Well, except the miserable part. lol Sending more *good vibes* for continued improvement.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I'm late to this thread, but glad to hear she's improving. She has all my prayers for a speedy recovery!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I just came back from the hospital. Finally, after 2 weeks and 2 days, my mom was moved from the ICU to a regular hospital room. She is eating (still all liquid diet) and completely herself. No loopiness or anything. She even had my wife brush out her hair a little.

Still a long way to go as she cannot stand on her own yet, but they are doing PT and she will get there. We brought her a prayer shawl from our church and she absolutely loved it.

Thanks for your prayers and vibes everyone! It certainly works!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
oh glad it is a positive update--hope that rehab/PT gets her strength back up and she is home soon!

Members online

No members online now.