Dick Van Patten eats dog food

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
LoL, I love this article. Ironically, Zeus eats Dick Van Patten's Venison and Brown Rice formula.

Dick Van Patten eats dog food
Actor lends name to dog food formula

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- For "Eight Is Enough" patriarch Dick Van Patten, some dog food is good enough to eat.

Van Patten is lending his name and likeness to a new dog food formula that claims to be indistinguishable from a home-cooked meal for humans.

To prove his point, he recently sampled the "Irish stew" recipe at a media luncheon.

"Not too bad," the 76-year-old actor said before offering a bite to his canine dining companion.

"Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Eatables for Dogs" also comes in such flavors as spaghetti and meatballs, hobo chili and Chinese takeout.

The product is designed with the health of pets in mind and marketed as an alternative to feeding them table scraps, said Natural Balance President Joey Herrick.

"Eight Is Enough" aired from 1977 to 1981.

Athebeau

I'll rethink the health of people who claim they eat dog food now. haha

Very funny:)

Bowowee

Bulacan Pitbull Club
Hmmm...I've tasted dog food. I ate a couple of kibbles, and I think its not that bad. Canidae and Pedigree.

amymarley

He has been on various radio shows (don and mike, etc..) he has a brand that is now out (various types) that are like a stew (irish stew, beef stew,,,,etc) Don and Mike and others in the station all ate it during the interview and said it tasted really good. Supposed to have USDA meat, veggies etc... Don't know for myself, but it is supposed to be healthy for the dog. Althoug.... HE does not even own a dog, only his sons do.

Doberluv

It's a great food....all human grade ingredients, lots of vit. minerals, omega 3 stuff, herbs etc...no preservatives or artificial stuff. Lyric eats the venison and brown rice for sensative tummies too. And I just bought a bag of duck and potato to try also. These are single source proteins and help with allergies and sensative stomachs. It cured Lyric's tendancy toward very loose stools-diarrhea.

Members online

No members online now.