What type of collar/harness do you use?

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Izzy has an assortment of nylon flats and one Lupine Martingle which she wears the most often. She has two harnesses, one step in, one roman-ish as well as a prong collar for hiking/long walks. She's sometimes nekkid in the house but we've found it's much easier to catch her when she's playing keep away if she's got a collar on!

She slipped her harness one time in the parking lot of our dog shop and since then gets walked with an ella's lead that hooks to both her harness and her martingale so she can't get loose again. I love it!

elegy

overdogged
around the house luce and mushroom wear whatever collar has struck my fancy at the moment. steve goes naked around the house.

for training class steve wears a flat collar. for hiking/swimming he wears a cheap nylon harness from walmart.

for training class luce wears either a flat collar or a nylon slip. for walks in town, she generally wears a pinch collar Just In Case.

when mushroom goes out he wears a gentle leader because i need to be able to control his mouth.

Gypsydals

Ivan has a soft slip collar from White Pine outfitters. Peewee has a traditional buckle collar of which I don't remember the brand. Which reminds me I need to find Peewees for his vet appt next week. Would anyone like a slightly off the wall Dal for a few hours while I'm gone? For the ring Ivan has a light chain collar. I also have a no-pull harness for Peewee and a head-halti for Ivan if needed. But around the house both are Nekkid.

BlueChaos

Unos motto is that you can never have too many collars (well ok.. more like my motto), I'm a compulsive shopper when it comes to pet supplies which resulted in a varied collar collection. Some people buy shoes.. I buy my dog new collar every month..lol
In addition to nylon and leather ones, I also use ezydog harness for biking and prong collar/halti for walking.

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
The pups are nude in the house. I have puppia harnesses for them, but I really love the harnesses out of smoothie material that I got from k9 closet. They are super soft and have their names embroidered on them. They really get alot of admiration when we're out, too!

River uses a flat collar or a martingale at his puppy class.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Georgia doesn't wear a collar. She never leaves the property, and I feel bad for her having to wear one. :) Plus, I'm paranoid when it comes to thinking about her collar getting stuck on something. :eek:

Kenai wears a green quick-release thin puppy collar.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Flat nylon collars for both. Someday when I have extra money, Juno's getting a leather collar from Collar Mania... I already know how I want it to look and she'll look fabulous in it lol.

For training classes Juno wears an Easy Walk harness because she's nuts around dogs.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Rolled leather collars for training/obedience/walking/etc.

Gonzo wears a Lupine nylon martingale for getting dirty, short walks, and to the lake/park/trails.

Fozzie wears a flat leather collar normally.

Right now they both have puppia but I am getting kind of tired of slipping them over their HUGE heads, lol... I am looking into either the buddy belt or a similar silk version... said to be better on yorkie hair for mats.

In the house they are naked though... having anything on too long really mats their hair badly.

ACooper

They are both naked at home 99% of the time.

Phoebe is strictly flat collars, she has a few nylon and at least one leather.
Orson has a few flat nylon, a few leather, and he also has one prong collar we use under certain circumstances.

We also have an Orson sized harness, and a gentle leader laying around here somewhere that never get used, they were tried and found useless, LOL

Grab

Flat collars for the most part here..a rolled leather for Aesop and Grimm and a Paco collar for the Elf. Jules wears a braided, thin kangaroo leather tag collar. Everyone wears their collars at all times for tag purposes

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
In the house the girls are nekkid.

When we got out for walks and such they wear two collars. One is a flat nylon collar with their id on it and the other is a martingale (I use one that is all nylon).

I like doing two collars because if their is a malfunction with the martingale or leash they still have the collar with their ID on it on them.

Argon wears a chain martingale after his great escape last year when he slipped his flat collar and off into traffic he went. It's red. The harness he wore in my sig caused his poor skin to break out all over and he's still naked in places, so no more harness!
Neon has a flat blue camo collar that we bought at walmart. He's not a puller, so I dont worry too much about it popping open.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
At the moment Riley is wearing a Very nice leather collar for tags and around. He usually has a collar on him at all times. I have an assortment of nylon ones i like. A thick leather one for walks, and a thin kangaroo leather for allergy season (his neck folds get sores if the collar is too constricting).

Members online