which dog food is best?

mctraill

I moved my dog to Eagle Pack Holistic, becuase when I read the ingredients on the dog food I was giving my dog it stated that there were meat by products. meat by products are all the rubbish like the feet and beaks and god knows what else. Check out the ingredients on your pack and see what it has.

There was a very good thread posted here, where everyone became involved in what the manufacturs put in their food, some of the stuff is horrible, if I can find the thread I shall point you to it.

I swear by Canidae. After reading a lot in this forum, I decided on that and my dog is doing great in all ways.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I've tried quite a few foods, and I really like Canidae. Many people won't say it's the best, but it's cheaper than other foods and my dogs do really well on it. It seems to be easier on their stomachs. I've tried Innova Evo and some others with no success.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Canidae
Innova
Innova Evo
California Natural
Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul
Solid Gold
Natural Balance <-- found at Petco
Blue Buffalo <-- found at Petsmart
Timberwolf

...these are all good kibbles, you should look them up and try a few out, and see what works for your pup! ANYTHING found at a grocery store, and most kibble found at large petstore chains, are just poor quality. You're paying for crap, and you're paying a lot more than you would with a high quality kibble, because you have to feed wayyy more when you're feeding low quality.

Read the ingredients on the bag of Beneful; corn, sugar, salt, food colorings, by-products... does any of that sound like quality food for your dog? NOOO! Avoid corn, soy, by-products, meat & bone meal, preservatives, food colorings, & sugars. Look for a good meat source (Chicken meal, Turkey meal, Lamb meal, etc) as the first ingredient. http://www.dogfoodproject.com has lots of great info!

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
nutro - i buy at petco (its better than the junk, but its not the best for the money.)
wolf pack- i buy online

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Canidae
Innova
Innova Evo
California Natural
Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul
Solid Gold
Natural Balance <-- found at Petco
Blue Buffalo <-- found at Petsmart
Timberwolf

...these are all good kibbles, you should look them up and try a few out, and see what works for your pup! ANYTHING found at a grocery store, and most kibble found at large petstore chains, are just poor quality. You're paying for crap, and you're paying a lot more than you would with a high quality kibble, because you have to feed wayyy more when you're feeding low quality.

Read the ingredients on the bag of Beneful; corn, sugar, salt, food colorings, by-products... does any of that sound like quality food for your dog? NOOO! Avoid corn, soy, by-products, meat & bone meal, preservatives, food colorings, & sugars. Look for a good meat source (Chicken meal, Turkey meal, Lamb meal, etc) as the first ingredient. http://www.dogfoodproject.com has lots of great info!

I totaly agree, with Ihartgonzo

Members online

No members online now.