What venues do you compete in?

What Agility Venue Do You Compete In?

• Total voters

adojrts

I've never felt a glimmer of disrespect or judgement from anyone at trials regarding running performance, just on forums ;).
This ^^^^^, however someone will lose my respect (whether I know them or not) when it is clear that they are over facing their dogs with higher jump heights when an acceptable height is available.

Flyinsbt

Around here, the performance division is nearly as competitive as the championship. I don't think anyone blinks at someone choosing to run performance, especially given the difference in venue heights. When I was going back and forth on what I was going to run Gusto at (17" dog, so should run 22"), people were very quick to say "Why in the world would you jump him 22"? Put him in performance." I've never felt a glimmer of disrespect or judgement from anyone at trials regarding running performance, just on forums ;).
Performance is competitive here, that's why I won't run Pirate in it. My 16" Stafford can't be competitive with 20"+ BCs, and I don't like the USDAA classes enough to run them just to run them to qualify, with no hope of ever placing (I like placing). And probably not being able to finish a champion title, because of not being able to be fast enough for Steeplechase when running against dogs so much taller than himself.

If I didn't have another choice, I would, but I can run him in AKC and compete with dogs who are closer to him in height. If he was as much as 17", I might even be willing to give it a go, but he really is a 16" dog, it's just up in the air to whether the judges will get that measurement.

he's a fast little dog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUXRByABuFk

so I just want him to get his chance to shine.

Aleron

Both my dogs run performance; neither has the slightest issue with time, so the extra seconds don't affect us one way or the other, they are both just on the low end of their height class.

Around here, the performance division is nearly as competitive as the championship. I don't think anyone blinks at someone choosing to run performance, especially given the difference in venue heights. When I was going back and forth on what I was going to run Gusto at (17" dog, so should run 22"), people were very quick to say "Why in the world would you jump him 22"? Put him in performance." I've never felt a glimmer of disrespect or judgement from anyone at trials regarding running performance, just on forums ;).
LOL good to know :) People at trials haven't really said anything to me about Jagger in Preferred but outside of forums have asked "what is wrong with him that you run him in Preferred". In his case, he has ETS issues and while he is easily capable of jumping 24" jumps by themselves or even in grid work, he struggles at trials. I actually stopped trialing him on the matting, which means he almost doesn't get to trial at all because the footing makes such a difference with him. He just does much better at 20" and on better running surfaces.

Whim doesn't have any jumping issues but she's not even a full inch over their cut off to measure into 26". She looked really small next to the 24" dogs at the AKC trial when she was measured into the that class.

I'd be doing USDAA just to trial, wouldn't be trialing in it enough to be concerned about championships or anything. And I umm...am not very good at Snooker :O

Members online

No members online now.