Trick of the Week: Perch

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Took a break from the knee stall to do some agility-related stuff and just decided to work on it some more the past few days. Tonight P is confident enough he's actually hopping up onto my legs rather than doing his sprawl-crawl LOL. Yay!

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I'm late to the party, but we started perch tonight :)

He needed the chair for support the first time, but once he figured out what I wanted, he was willing to do it in the middle of the room :) Can't wait to keep working on this one! He's such a dream to teach.

Gypsydals

She has learned to perch and offers it voluntary and readily.
Sorry for the blurry post. For some reason my phone does not like to take pictures with a window in the background.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Love all the perch photos!

I took a break from perch but revisited it Sunday. Webby has graduated to jumping up straight from the ground and I am wearing sneakers instead of hiking boots now, so we are making progress! :)

Since she's turning out to be a little mountain goat, I decided to try fooling around with a shoulder-ish stall with Maisy.

[YOUTUBE]sW5I1C8fneI[/YOUTUBE]

And since I was getting absolutely nowhere getting Pip's back feet up on a stool, the peanut, or really anything, I decided to try it on my back. FINALLY.

[YOUTUBE]00doequ1qqQ[/YOUTUBE]

With god as my witness, I'm getting this dog on this stool before I die.

He still mostly wants to do this:

But will now consistently do this:

With an occasional this to build on:

What's funny is he is absolutely the best of my three at doing stuff like, getting all four feet in progressively smaller boxes. WE'LL GET THERE MAN.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The cutest dog that ever did perch.... on a huge box. I'm just seriously happy she's finally not jumping over it. We haven't touched this with her (Mia knows it well) since my last post here so it was basically brand new. Poor Summer gets slacked on. I think she's signing up for the next round of tricks class.

[YOUTUBE]bS8sN_Z2yfI[/YOUTUBE]

Sekah

The Monster.
Foot stall + "be people" = whatever this is.

She's been able to beg in this position for some time, but I've started cuing her to stand on her feet (which may not be hugely easy to see here). It seems a bit easier for her than begging but it's still a work in progress.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Nice!

I don't think I ever posted Webby's final footstall? He's jumping up straight from the ground and changing positions on a verbal -- sit, down, stand, stand on back legs. The last is still a bit shaky as we build core strength.

Also have the newest perch-er in the house...11 week old Lodin has decided that perching on all the things is awesome. Ran up to and jumped on these by himself this morning, despite their not being steady...they were rocking a fair bit. Chunky monkey is gonna be awesome.

Members online