After surgery

nancy2394

Aren't dogs suppose to be sore or slow to move after surgery??? Lola had her spay surgery on Wednesday and I have all I can do to keep her somewhat quiet. She's acting like NOTHING is wrong. She keeps jumping up on the furniture and even managed to sneak in behind me and jumped up on my bed that is way high up. I put her in her kennel to try and keep her quiet but she cries and wants out. She keeps trying to hump boomer and literally has a HUGE incision with sutures down the middle of her abdomen. If I didn't know she had surgery... I would never have guessed it from the way she's acting.

elegy

overdogged
Luce was like that too, and she didn't have any pain meds afaik, as she was spayed at the shelter. Do your best to keep her quiet though- feeding her meals soaked and frozen in Kongs can keep her occupied in her crate for awhile, for example.

milos_mommy

pssh, rest? Milo got Spayed sunday morning, slept all that afternoon and night, and most of monday, but by Tuesday he was totally back to normal.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Its typical for a dog to be just as active after surgery as they were before. Its why FOHA puts big signs on the dogs' runs when they've been spayed/neutered saying "JUST CAME BACK FROM THE VET, PLEASE WALK ME GENTLY." (walk gently means do not take the dog in the exercise area).

I remember when Daisy was spayed, she was just as active as ever. Even though the vet told us to keep her quiet, my dad let her out in the back yard to do zoomies! I was so mad at him :mad: but he ALWAYS knows best. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.