eliminating peeing odour

Hi
I recently got a dog from a rescue place, and she was fine for the first couple of days, but now she's started peeing on the carpet upstairs, even if she's just been outside.
Does anyone know what i can use to get rid of the smell, so that she can't smell it anymore? I need to use something that'll stop her going back to the same spot, cos it's got her scent there now.Any ideas?

Saje

Island dweller
I've always used vinegar and that works fine for me. There are other products available if you look at a pet store

Kesh

Nature's Miracle

I use Nature's Miracle and it works great. Just make sure you saturate the urine. It is a little on the expensive side, but I liked it better than vinegar.

I heard vinegar only masks the smell to humans...i want something that'll stop the dogs being able to smell it. Never heard of Natures Miracle or Petzyme :eek: maybe you can only get that in the States?

Saje

Island dweller
Vinegar neutralizes the odour. But I'm sure that there are other good products out there.

fennash

Border Collie Lover
We have found the best thing to use is biological washing powder. It neutralises the smell, even the smell only the dogs can smell. Might be worth a try.
Lynn

Members online

No members online now.