Diamond Naturals

ACooper

I KNOW I have seen something here about it before, but I can't find the thread for the life of me so I will start a new one.

I want to know your experience with it.........especially the chicken/rice. Orson doesn't do all the well on lamb so that is out.

Here in our town there is only one place that sells anything besides supermarket brands, and guess what that brand is? CANIDAE

I normally go after work (different town) to pick up Evo RM (which I will still do and mix it) but I found they have Diamond Naturals at the tractor supply store here in town.

The price is good and the ingredients look pretty much like Canidae used to...........so any experience with it??

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
It is extremely close in formula and manufacture to the Costco Kirkland Chicken and Rice so many of us use. Diamond makes that too, and it is the same grade of food.

ACooper

Ok, so far so good..........I hear mostly all good things here about Kirkland :) And I have fed Diamond foods in the past (we used Chicken Soup for Dogs) but it was WAY out of our town (30 miles) and had to give it up.

I really want a suitable replacement to keep feeding the way we have been feeding for quite some time..........they love it and seem to do quite well. It consists of 25% Canida (which is OUT) and 25% EVO RM and 50% homecooked. (so 50/50 between kibble and cooked)

They love their meal times and it helps balance out the budget for me in cost.

Hillside

Original Twin
Saga says "Go for it!" She did WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better on the Dia. Nat. Chicken and rice than she did on Canidae, and that was the OLD Canidae. Her coat was super shiny, stools were good, and all the other stuff you want out of a food.

ACooper

Cool! I will pick some up tomorrow and start integrating in!

Thanks girls :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm feeding the Kirkland version of it and the dogs are doing well enough. Not as great as on when on the Innova but better than when on Canidae.

Diamond Naturals is a good food. My mom feeds it to her dogs, my dogs were on it a couple of years ago before I went grain-free. I know a couple of others who feed it and are happy with it.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Yes, buy it. One of my dogs doesn't do well on lamb & rice. I'm only buying the Kirkland Chicken & Rice formula. Get the Diamond Chicken & rice.

ACooper

It's 26.99 for 40lbs at TSC so I was a bit concerned at how *cheap* it was! I was paying considerably more for Canidae, somewhere in the neighborhood of 30.00 for 20 lbs!

I am going to give it a go!

Diamond Naturals is a mid-grade quality food. There are better dog foods on the market such as Canidae, Merrick, Innova, etc., but it's better than what you'd buy at a grocery store.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Diamond Naturals is a mid-grade quality food. There are better dog foods on the market such as Canidae, Merrick, Innova, etc., but it's better than what you'd buy at a grocery store.
I disagree. It may be a mid-grade food, but I think it is better than the current incarnation of Canidae by a mile, and I like it better than Merrick too.

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
I was gonna try the lamb but no luck finding it. Cleo seems to be itchy on chickeny things so we stick with lamb, beef, or venison or some fish type thing LOL.

ACooper

Do you guys have a Tractor Supply? (TSC) or maybe a Quality Farm & Fleet Gina?

I was surprised they had it at TSC :)

ACooper

The ingredients on the Diamond Naturals look VERY comparable to Canidae, I don't see much difference in the quality between them.

The REAL issue is that the trust is broken and gone with Canidae..........I will never knowingly buy another one of their products.

Shadow945

I think Diamond in general makes good food. My favorite of theirs is Taste of the Wild. And I just found out the other day that the Pet Value near my house will start to carry it soon, so I'm excited for that!

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
I have had Dreyfuss, Chyna and Jack on D. Nat for about 4 months now. And all three are doing well. This is the first food that I have tried that Jack will eat constantly. All other foods I have had to add something to it or he would refuse to ear. He'll even ear it dry without it being moistened with water.

As for the price it's a good deal. I agree if you have a tractor supply around that is the best place to get it.

Members online

No members online now.