I locked myself out T_T

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Of course I locked myself out of my car today! As I parked and locked the doors I knew there was something I was forgetting! :eek: So yeah...I'm screwed! I have places to be right now and I can't get there! *curses*

I have to go to a retirement home and volunteer to help the trick or treat festivals, but I can't and this sucks so badly! I'm going to miss my class too!! It's Ironic I'm stuck at school and going to miss class, but today the class is "off campus" so yeah.... :( *sigh*

Oh, and I thought I'd tell ya'll my internet at my house is out at the moment, so I can only get on at school.

Last edited:

GHOST

get the top of the door pull out---- you'll have to really pull but it will flex enough,,, get you a large stick or something and put in there to help hold it open,,, get a cloths hanger straighten it out and run in and hit the unlock button

u can also take and use something at the top back corner and pry it open just be carefull and don't skin it up

Kase

Oh no that really sucks BB! I have no idea what to suggest, I hope you are able to sort it out :).

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I went to the campus security to see if they could help and they can, but it's going to take a little while because they had to run and get some tool. :rolleyes: Jeesh, you'd think they'd have it with them!

But.....this really sucks. I'm so forgetful! I swear I'm loosing my mind!!!!

Kase

Oh I'm so glad they are going to help you! You should tie your keys to your wrist lol, that way you'd never forget them.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Oh I'm so glad they are going to help you! You should tie your keys to your wrist lol, that way you'd never forget them.
LOL You know, This morning I went out of the house ready to get in the car when I realized I forgot my keys......I guess someone was trying to warn me not to forget them!! I should've listened!!! lol ;)

Kase

LOL You know, This morning I went out of the house ready to get in the car when I realized I forgot my keys......I guess someone was trying to warn me not to forget them!! I should've listened!!! lol ;)
Ahhh you probably should have ;), I never listen to signs like that either :p.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
I've done that. Twice.

After the second time where I got stranded at a lake (went sailing, hid keys inside so I wouldn't lose them in the water, and out of habit hit the 'lock' button as I got out of the car. :rolleyes: ) I got a copy of the key made and hide it in one of my dorm room drawers.

Haven't locked myself out since then but if I do, I'm ready.

Dreeza

egh that sucks....

if it makes you feel any better, one winter, i was all like "ooh, im gonna warm up my car", so i turn on my car (which was in the garage), and then run back inside to finish getting ready. Well, since clicking the garage door was such a habit (to open it up)...i forgot it was already open...i CLOSED the garage, locking my RUNNING car inside the garage...i realized what i had done split second after closing the door to my house (my house and garage arent connected by a door...you have to go outside)...which of course locks automatically. Not to mention i had about 2 more tardies before i got dropped from my first class.

luckily my weirdo neighbor who ive never talked to was outside, and i was like bawling at what i had done (yes, i was 18 yrs old and crying), and i got him to drive me to my brother's school, and i had to ARGUE with the stupid secretary for like 15 minutes (Cause i could have been some psycho off the street...even though my brother was in like 8th grade, and would able to be like "that is not my sister", anyways, i got the house key from him and the nice neighbor drove me home...and the disaster was over, lol

anywys, that was long.

i hope you get your keys out soon!!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
haha! I don't feel so bad after reading those :p lol

I got my keys...took them long enough though! >_>
But I got them, and yes....still no internet at home. :(
I'm actually at my parents house, no ones home. I'm taking my brother out and he needed to get something.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Im glad you got some keys!!
Jim this last saturday locked the only set of keys we had in the car while it was running and it was nearly out of gas. Needless to say it did finally run out.
After jerry rigging or as I call it Jimmy rigging a hanger and a construction square we got the back window to roll down.
:lol-sign:

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Im glad you got some keys!!
Jim this last saturday locked the only set of keys we had in the car while it was running and it was nearly out of gas. Needless to say it did finally run out.
After jerry rigging or as I call it Jimmy rigging a hanger and a construction square we got the back window to roll down.
:lol-sign:
LOL @ Jimmy Rigging! :p :lol-sign: hehe

I'm glad he got it out of there!! That would've sucked for you guys if it wasn't in park!!! lol

bubbatd

I've only done it once, 2 years ago at grocery . I unlocked the passenger side to put in groceries and tossed the keys over to the drivers side .... then locked the passenger's door and shut it ! The second it closed I knew ! Luckily I had just joined AAA. Yesterday Gammy was pretty smart ! ( For a change ). I was driving around with the Pug trying to find the owner or signs . Saw a " LOST " sign and went to read it . The pug had jumped in the front seat .... so I turned off engine and took my keys . Sure enough that little stinker locked my door .

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I've only done it once, 2 years ago at grocery . I unlocked the passenger side to put in groceries and tossed the keys over to the drivers side .... then locked the passenger's door and shut it ! The second it closed I knew ! Luckily I had just joined AAA. Yesterday Gammy was pretty smart ! ( For a change ). I was driving around with the Pug trying to find the owner or signs . Saw a " LOST " sign and went to read it . The pug had jumped in the front seat .... so I turned off engine and took my keys . Sure enough that little stinker locked my door .
LOL @ the pug. :p

Glad you got your keys, BB! My mom and I did that once when I was younger. We had to call someone who worked well with locks and he helped us. We were going to use a hanger but realized it would look pretty bad when people drove by and saw us breaking into a car on the side of the road.
I'm the queen of not shutting the door all the way and draining the battery overnight. :rolleyes:

F

fastpitchchic

I can't lock the doors unless I have the keys with me. If for some reason I manage to lock my keys in the car all I have to do is call OnStar they can send a signal to unlock it for me.

bubbatd

I lost my little hand held doo-hickie ...so I can only lock from the door and unlock with key .

We got our car a couple years ago and we didn't know that my hubby locking the keys in the car would be a routine. Apparently that winter that we got he would go outside and warm up the car and close the door. Well when you close the door it automatically locks the doors. Can't tell you how many times he did that. He would have to come back in the house and wake me up to get my keys to unlock the door so he can go to work. After a couple of weeks of doing that he learned and hasn't done it since.

Members online

No members online now.