Need Help

PenE

I have a Black Lab/Golden Retreive mix. He is almost 1 year old. My problem is that the grass turns yellow & dies wherever he "relieves himself":eek: . I have tried changing his food (to lamb & rice formula) but this has not helped. Any advise???

Toller_08

I'm pretty sure this happens with most dogs, no matter what they are. The only thing I can think of is to maybe soak wherever he goes with water to dilute it or just train him to go in one area of the yard...other than that, I don't think there is much else you can do. Hopefully someone else will have better advice.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I had this happen with my male when he was on Iams. I put him on a better food (Royal Canin at the time, now Innova) and the spots disappeared. You may need to up the quality of the food, not just change the formula.

L

LabBreeder

hmmm...neither of our dogs (male or female) urine yellows the grass. interesting...wonder why? either way, up until this thread, i thought all urine would eventually yellow the grass (just wasn't paying attention to the fact that ours' wasn't) LOL...:)
don't know what to tell ya. sorry.

moonchild1970

Designated Ball Thrower
wherever my two go it seems the grass grows better and there are no weeds!! Lol.. but then they are only 4 mos, and fixed.

bubbatd

Why have none of my dogs ever yellowed grass ?? Male or female . Weird .

Brattina88

My dogs have never yellowed grass either. My grass is pretty thick, it gets tall quickly too.

It it diet related or maybe there's different kinds of grass?

Julie

I am back again.
I really don't have a problem with yellow grass.........I have a problem with no grass. :p

Certain areas are bare........then there are the pathways thru the good growing grass. And the dogs usually only go where the "good" growing grass is.

I think activity is more of a grass killer than urine. :D

moxiegrl

Thats so weird b/c Katie never used to kill the grass where she peed, but just last week my bf noticed she was. We're just going to try changing the food after this bag and upping her water intake so its not as strong...dont know if it will help b/c she drinks what she wants now, but ill let you know. We also thought she may have a UTI or something but she doesnt seem to be in any pain or have any other problems.

Members online

No members online now.