Things Are Hopping in NC!

So, I've been a little MIA recently, dealing with some changes in the household. My foster puppy Shiva left two weekends ago to go to her new home, leaving Gambit as an only dog.

Four days later, he was at the vets on IV's having given himself stress induced colitis. :( I felt like the worst owner in the world, becaue he was very dehydrated, and I didnt' even realize. I just assumed he was drinking properly, since he has water all the time.

After consulting both the vet and a behaviorist, it was determined that Gambit needs another dog around to be happy. His primary bonds are to other dogs, and he needs one around.

The rescue I fostered Shiva through tossed me a foster puppy.....and, one of my coworkers fell in love and adopted him two days ago! This was supposed to be a difficult to place puppy (pit/ACD mix, completely in the awkward ugly stage that most people hate, no manners/housetraining). Gambit, by the way, was happy as a clam once another dog showed up, and quickly rebounded.

So.....now we have foster puppy number 2! Pics will come tomorrow, if she comes out from under the couch. 8-10 week old sheltie mix. She was found in a ditch with her brother, and is very skinny and shy. her brother is in another foster home, since neither one of us could commit to remedial socializing of 2 puppies at once.

So, to recap: In just over a month, I lost Argon, adopted out Shiva, adopted out Popple, and now have Fawn. It's been an asylum here I tell you, an asylum! God it's been fun.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
This is very lucky for foster doggy number two. I am so glad that Gambit is feeling better.
I am also very glad that this is fun for you and your family. Very sorry for your loss of Argon.

Members online

No members online now.