Arggggggg !&(#@^(!#@^$#@^%$#

milos_mommy

today's been "one of those days" as far as Milo's concerned. A couple really proud moments and a couple where i wanted to kick him to the moon.

He's been by my side pretty much all day, because i haven't gone out and everyone else has been out. Anyway, my uncle (who is a great dog trainer) and my 6 year old cousin are flying out from Colorado, i haven't seen them in three years.

So i had to straighten up around the house and everything while my parents ran errands and went to pick him up from the 2+ hour away airport. Aside from Milos being in the middle of laundry, books, and actually climbing INTO the garbage back, it's been okay. We took a midday walk and he heeled perfectly except one attempted car chase.

He even was behaving as i was cleaning Aidan's tank (bearded dragon). I had Aidan on my shirt and Milo was just sitting nicely on the floor and he even jumped on the bed level with me and didn't try to eat Aidan. I was rather proud.

Then, i leaned down to take something in or out of the tank and Aidan moved a little to get a better grip on my shirt. Milo was sitting right next to me like a good boy, until then, when he jumped straight up at Aidan. I was SOOO mad. I swatted him on the nose (which i never do) and screamed "NO! GET OUT OF THE BEDROOM NOW!" which equaled him sulking off and me shutting him out. When i reopened the door he gave me the "please don't hate me" look and i ignored him. So the little bugger went back over to Aidan's tank and put his paws up on the glass. I just said "NO" and turned the vacuum on which made him hide under the bed.

Anyway, i had to give him a bath so he doesn't smell when he tries to give my cousin kisses. Bath went fine, as usual. Then i took him out, wrapped him in a towel, and clipped a couple knots out. He was being good but then he tried to get back in the tub so i took him in the bedroom. Zoomies everywhere, roll on carpet, etc. Then i took him on the bed and brushed him out. I rolled him on his back to clip a tangle off his tummy, and when i picked up the scissors he jumped.

i showed him they were just scissors and he rolled back over. I clipped the tangle, then took his paw in my hand.

*milo jumps back up*

so i take him under my left arm and hold his left paw in my left hand. he tried to pull away but i just held it pretty tight.

he screamed. (and i don't mean whined or barked, i mean screamed. a kind of tea-kettle meets banshee meets newborn baby being smacked sound)

i took the clippers and put them around his paw. He took my hand in his mouth. I wouldn't say bite because he didn't put pressure, it was just a "imma hold your hand and make sure you don't go anywhere with those" thing.

I told him to let go, and he did, and i dropped his paw. He immediately laid down, pulled both front paws under his body and started smooshing himself back between me and the wall, trying to kind of push behind my bed (which is against the wall), whining in a tiny little ball. I was still sort of holding him at this point, and when i let go, he wiggled out from behind me and threw up everywhere. He was sooo upset. i felt horrible. His nails aren't like, dangerously long curling under or anything, but they click on the floor and he could certainly scratch someone with them.

I know i shouldn't force him like that but i am so sick of getting two nail and as soon as he realizes what i'm doing he flips.

So now i've got to change the bedding. and Aidan pooped all over his freshly cleaned tank. AND now my bathroom is covered in JRT hair and water with blue shampoo flecks all over the walls.

noludoru

Bored Now.
(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I have those days, too. Those are the days I lock Middie in his crate or a small room with some stuff to chew on and I go hide in my bedroom. Actually today is one of those days, except Middie's the well-behaved one asking me wtf I think I'm doing. He was shocked into stillness when I broke down and started crying into his fur.. ugh.. I think he thinks I'm mad at him. :(

milos_mommy

Milo hates when i cry. it's so funny, actually. He like, looks at me, cocks his head, moves towards me, then moves back, then crouches down, the moves forward, then nudges me, then runs backward...

Yeah he's in the bedroom now with his dinner, i don't know if he ate it though. He just ran under the bed when i put him in there.

bubbatd

Mean Mommy !!!! Kidding of course ! I find when I wait too long to do things ....then the sh*t hits the fan !

Members online

No members online now.