Want a new dog food - suggestions Please.

ChiBree

The only pet stores in my area are Pet Supplies Plus.

They do carry Nutro.

Anyone familuar with Pet Supplies Plus? If so can you suggest a high quality food to purchase from there ? I've bought Iams for years and own a 7 year old pug who's been on it her whole life and has never had any illness. Has only been to the Vet for vaccines. But then I was told on this thread that Iams is not good and I'd like to switch.

Any help - I'd appreciate it!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Hmm, honestly I'm not sure what types of food that that pet store sells.. but some good food suggestions would be;

Fromm, Solid Gold, Canidae, Innova, Wolf and Wellness

MBisco

I have two Chis and i use Royal Canin for chihuahuas. My dogs seem to like it. I was told by a few breeders that it is a high quality food. They have been on it since they could eat solid food and they are doing great.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Royal Canin is definately not a "bad" food like Beneful or some of the Purina varieties.

The 5 top ingredients in it would be :

Chicken meal, rice, ground corn, brown rice, soy protein isolate,
I just dont like the corn added into it all that much. The proten vs fat content is good though@!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I shop there all the time for Hannah. That is a GREAT store! I buy Innova Evo there, but they have good foods like Eagle Pack, California Natural, Canidae. Most of their foods like that they have a frequent buyers program where if you buy 10 bags in a year you get the 11th free. Also they have a new pets plus card (well atleast by me they do) where when you spend $100 you get a $5 coupon for your next visit.

Roxy's CD

I just switched from Wellness to Eagle Pack...

Apparently Wellness is going downhill :eek:

Meh, their stools have stiffened up, they seem to like it, and they don't smell quite as bad anymore.

showpug

Personally, I think small breed dogs are made to be on Innova EVO. My pugs have done great on that food. I personally like my small dogs to eat foods higher in protein and fat.

My favorites are:
Innova EVO
Canidae
California Natural Puppy (yes, I feed my adult dogs puppy food for protein and fat content)
Solid Gold "Just a Wee Bit" is great for small dogs
Timberwolf Organics

Members online

No members online now.