3 paintings!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
:rofl1:Yeah I've been on a roll lately. I did these all in one day. They're really quick paintings though but still... that's a lot for me.

The first one is actually the first time I've ever drawn or painted Summer. How sad is that? There's a couple places I just noticed that needs touch up work but overall I really like it.

Then I wanted to try a shorthaired dog so I er... 'borrowed' Chewbecca's Luke. He's just adorable.

Those two are both primarily watercolor and ink with a touch of pencils and acrylics on top. Luke took about 2 hours and Summer took a little over 3. (I had to get her just right.

and then the quickest painting took less than 2 hours and is entirely watercolor and ink. I bet you all know who this one is...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I could never do anything in 2 hours. Good for you..that will be profitable that you can work so fast. the first one is my most favorite just elegant! Like the butterfly background too. Really adds to the overall composition.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks guys! The first one is my favorite too.

Eventually I'd like to sell things but I need to figure out how to make it actually work. I've tried before and it just didn't work. I sold pieces that were taking me 12 hours to complete for $50 and then I just got burnt out realizing I was barely covering my material costs.... I think with smaller pieces like these that take less time it would be more doable.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
If you can get your speed up to 30 minutes or less you could do pet portraits and make a killing. We have guest artists all the time at our pets for Life parties. They aren't near as good as you are either and they are pricey.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't know about 30 minutes, but I'm definitely going to practice with the ink and watercolors more to see what comes of it.

My pencil pieces though and realistic pieces take forever for me to do still. At the least it takes me 10 hours to do one. Plus a lot of tediousness in the work.

I like the watercolors. They're so much freer than pencils and you can paint much fast than you can color.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat is what i do..the forever stuff. I spend upteen hours just getting my layout right. THe clay is just as bad. i have learned how to keep it wet for up to two months which is progress. Before I would get sicker and it would dry out and I would lose whatever I had started.

Is it strange that I'd love to see one of Kharma . . . done in your fantasy style as a character? :D

I would think that sort of portraiture could be very profitable if you can settle into a technique that would allow you to do it fairly quickly.

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
I love the one of Summer. It's beautiful!

For practicing coat types, you should do a hairless dog next. ;)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
You could always include mutts and practice on Le Kim ;)

If you ever decide to take commissions, please do let me know.

Members online