just need a pat on the back

becca_4321

I am so proud of me, I'm 10 days into my smoking quit. Princess and I are still walking often but 2 days in a row I've been eatting everything in sight! I'm going to be in need of a serious diet when this is over. Oh well. The quit is going great thats the main thing right now.

patpatpatpatpat. Great job, quiting is hard.

Im going the other direction, diet and getting in shape before I become a quitter.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
thumbs up, big grins..shake your hand proud! smiles and congrates and clapping hands yipppppeeeeee no more monkey on your back! horrraaaayyyyyyy :D

bubbatd

Bless you !!!! I've quit...(many times!!!) Ready to try again.....how ????

becca_4321

I dont think I could have done it had I not gotten this cold which made it about impossible to smoke. Figured this would be the perfect time. I quit years ago but then both my girls were teenagers at the same time and it was more than I could take so I lit up. Today my husband asked me why I was so crabby, I'm like you quit smoking and lets see if your crabby or not! He said he's smart, he knows not to quit. Yeah right, we'll see who the smart one is!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
going broke did it for me..a pack of cigerettes..or a bag of dog food...a pack of cigs..or the Jess's second grade skating pary..guess who got to go and who got to eat. I remember my last one. I stretched that last pack out over a week..and completely enjoyed the last one. I didn't tell anybody i was quiting either, i was so afraid i would fail. When i made the three day mark i knew i made it. I cut some soda straws to the length of cigs and said ok..i will just smoke these. I felt like an idiot and i chewed up a box of them but it worked. It was actually smarter to feel stupid then it was to smoke. My lungs cleared up..no more bronchitis....was the best thing i ever did for me.

I've had several smokers who quit tell me that drinking grapefruit juice when they had a craving helped them a lot. It also helps your metabolism, so I guess it does double duty, lol.

Keep up the fight! You know we're with you. :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Well done you!!! It's been over 3 months since I had a ciggie and there are times when I still would love one!! But you get through it!!

Good Going! That's my next challange....and sooner rather than later! :eek: I better find a couple of weeks that I can string together and go and disappear into the bush somewhere because I'm afraind I won't be fit company for a while!! Keep up the good work!!!

Irish

Becca-
Good for you, you've made it through the hardest part! Keep it up. When you really want one, try riding a bike or something like that makes you winded, that helped me when I quit. Also black licorice helped.
I quit 10 years ago, and due to a lot of stress in my life (I'm making excuses, I know) I started up again a few months ago - I can't believe I did that. It started out just having one, then a couple on the weekends, I tried kidding myself that I could keep it under control, now I'm smoking a pack of day.

Maybe we should have a Quit day for all of us here and we could all go nuts together?

Keep up the GREAT work Becca, and it is work. It is SO worth it.

bubbatd

Maybe we can do a support thing. I started 50 yrs ago to "be cool"...also my husband to be smoked and would light up two cigs ( you know the Catherine Hepburn - Humphrey Boggart scenes) ...I've I could only go back to only with a cuppa in the morning and a toddy at night days.!!

gapeach

Big Mutts
Good Job! My husband smokes he's trying to cut back. I can't help with ways to quit, but I am also trying to lose weight, I find it helps anytime I want to snack on something when I shouldn't be I brush my teeth, then you don't want to eat anything b/c it will taste nasty.

Members online

No members online now.