Ways to get rid of a killer hamster

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
:hail: to otch1...

As as the irresponsible child throwing a tantrum... take it somewhere else. This is a family where we- at the very least- attempt maturity, civilitiy and a LOVE of animals.

I really need a home for her. Does anyone know of anyone or does anyone themselves want to adopt her?
This is a MUCH better approach to the situation than this one was:

This is urgent Im setting her free in 30 degrees if she doesnt HAVE A HOME by Xmas
I think what upset people the most (myself included) was the way you put the responsibility on everyone elses shoulders.

I know, as an animal lover, I don't need the guilt trip of someone making me feel like if I don't take their pet, it's going to die.

I'm glad to see you have taken a more mature approach to the situation, and I'm glad to see that she will have a home.

I hope you do a lot of thinking before you add another pet to your life.

neapolitanpitbull

Never enough pets
Here we go again on the "bully" breeds are not friendly! :mad:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nobody was critizizing bully breeds. Dogs will kill small animals, esspecialy Boxers. I have two and I know they have killed birds, squirrels, etc. Boxers will kill small animals, that is not a joke. Nobody was critizizing 'bully breeds'.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I DONT CARE IF YOUR DOG KILLED YOUR HAMSTER WHOEVER POSTED THAT BECAUSE IT IS IN A BOXERS BLOOD TO KILL HAMSTERS BUT IT IS NOT IN A DWARF HAMSTERS BLOOD TO KILL ANOTHER DWARF.
*Snort* Chinese hamsters are NOT dwarf hamsters. And Chinese hamsters are territorial and should be kept alone--so yes, you could say it's "in their blood"

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
:hail: to otch1...

As as the irresponsible child throwing a tantrum... take it somewhere else. This is a family where we- at the very least- attempt maturity, civilitiy and a LOVE of animals.
Lol, just realized my typos.. let me correct myself..

And as for the irresponsible child throwing a tantrum.. take it somewhere else. This is a family forum where we-at the very least- attempt maturity, civility and a LOVE of animals.

;)

neapolitanpitbull

Never enough pets
Well, it wasn't aimed at you, but that's the behavior I was speaking of, thank you for illustrating my point. :)
Yeah, you're welcome *snort* lol

*Snort* Chinese hamsters are NOT dwarf hamsters. And Chinese hamsters are territorial and should be kept alone--so yes, you could say it's "in their blood"
Who knows if its a chinese hamster or a dwarf hamster or not?

Just for the records,
This is a Chinese Hamster

And this is a dwarf

This is Nutmeg. Nutmeg is definetly not a Chinese hamster. One, the tail isnt long enough, two she doesnt look anything like one. The dwarf though, resembles her herself perfectly.

otch1

Hi there... no shipping a hampster. If Sarah's as close to me as you are, you are both welcome to come over and deliver Nutmeg. You don't know me, so always best to meet someone in person before giving them any live animal/pet. (To see that they're properly housing and able to feed the pet and to make sure they're not scarey!!) I emailed Sarah about Nutmeg, gave her my phone number and said we could meet after Christmas. You are welcome to come too!

otch1

P.S. guys, have one of your parents call me. Want to make sure an adult knows about our correspondence and plans for Nutmeg and everyone's o.k. with this! Merry Christmas!

You know what......you f.....nevermind I will just get right to the point.
FIRST OF ALL DONT GO AROUND CALLING PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW MORONS. ITS NOT GOING TO GET YOU ANYWHERE IN LIFE AND ITS JUST PLAIN RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL. WHATS GONNA HAPPEN WHEN YOU CALL SOME TOUGH KID A MORON AND S/HE COMES AND BEATS THE HELL OUT OF YOU?
I DO GIVE S **** ABOUT ANIMALS.. I HAVE 11 OF THEM AND I TAKE **** GOOD CARE OF THEM. NUTMEG ATTACKED ME AND KILLED MY HAMSTER. SHE WAS A DWARF HAMSTER NOT A FRICKIN CHINESE HAMSTER LIKE YOU GUYS SAY. THE PET STORE SAID THEY ARE DWARVES AND THATS WHAT THEY ARE SO IT WAS NOT IN HER BLOOD TO KILL MARCY!!! SHE BITES THE HELL OUT OF ME AND I HAVE DONE NOTHING TO THE THING BUT I WAS MAD WHEN SHE KILLED MY OTHER HAMSTER AND I KNOW, I AM POSITIVE ALL OF YOU WOULD, TOO.
I DONT CARE IF YOUR DOG KILLED YOUR HAMSTER WHOEVER POSTED THAT BECAUSE IT IS IN A BOXERS BLOOD TO KILL HAMSTERS BUT IT IS NOT IN A DWARF HAMSTERS BLOOD TO KILL ANOTHER DWARF.
QUIT GIVING A **** IM NOT DOING ANYTHING TO THE FRICKIN HAMSTER, OK??
YOU ALL ACT LIKE IMMATURE KIDS PRETENDING TO BE ADULTS VANDALIZING THIS FORUM.
Well, please let me point out that your post was not the perfect example of a responsible post, so it is not fair of you to be blaming other people for your mistakes. Hamsters do not know it is wrong to bite, they are not humans. If you had tamed it gently, it would not have bitten at all. any hamster can be tamed, if given time and patience, which is clearly a quality you lack from the content of your posts. People here love animals with a passion, as do I, so we are simply getting frustrated over you being as irresponsible as you are appearing to be.
I am very much glad the hamster is now ok.

Oh, and in regards to one of the previous posts, I am very young myself, and have kept animals all my life. Not all "kids" are as irresponsible as you seem to be making out.
Thank you.

EDIT: I've just read the last posts by hte OP, which were much more mature and sensible than the original. Thank you. :)

Last edited:

otch1

Hi... didn't see the inquiry as to what happened to Nutmeg. Unfortunately, I think the girls got in trouble once I asked mom get involved. They also had my personal email address to come see my kennel and check out Nutmegs potential new home. I believe mom didn't know that these very young girls were posting on this site, one trying to give away the hampster and that was the end of that. I believe they ended up keeping Nutmeg and I hope they come back when they're older. There's a lot to learn here. I learned a bit about the different types of hampsters out there from these girls and they got a few training tips from me, when dealing with a tiny biting creature. Lol.

otch1

Hi Liz... I don't have the hampster. They kept him. But that would have been a very good idea as she was a cutie and would have found a home quickly! Have a good day!

Members online