Den Training

Hello,
I am new to this forum but already I am enjoying it immensely. I have noticed that there is a couple of threads about crate/den training. As the observant ones among will notice I have my own blog on dog training. There is an article on there about crate/den training.

The best way to introduce this concept is to read what I have copied from my blog for your enjoyment. It is my sincerest wish that those that read this shall not only enjoy it but benefit fromit as well.

So without further ado here is part of the article that I have written for you
The best house training uses the dogs own instincts to avoid soiling its bed to train the dog where and where not to eliminate. That is the basis behind crate training, in which the dog is confined to its crate in the absence of the owner, and den training, in which the dog is confined to a small area of the home. In essence, the crate, or the room, becomes the dog's den. Dogs are habitually amply clean animals, and they try their best to avoid using their dens as toilets.

This type of training usually works very well, both for puppies and for older dogs. Problems with this type of toilet training are usually the result of not understanding the pronounceds the dog is sending, not being consistent with feeding times, or trying to rush the process.
To read more of this article click the hyperlink below.

A helping hand!

I have seen that others are asking questions about crate training so I have posted a few replies to our good friends at their threads.

I am enjoying this forum especially in sharing what I know with others it is fun. See you all again soon your friend

Members online