"Stop Vomiting" vibes for Daisy???

Sweet72947

Squishy face
For some reason, Daisy has vomited about six or so times today. She has vomited up all of her breakfast (a couple raw chicken legs). She drank a little water, and that came up too. Daisy is currently blocked in the morning room on the tiled floor with only her dog bed to lay on. She was acting like herself earlier, but after the most recent upchucking she was looking a little peaked (plus a little sad at not being able to be around the house). I took the water away for now, and my family is under strict instructions NOT to feed her anything today. We are going to boil some rice and chicken to give her tomorrow morning, hopefully she holds that down.

Why do dogs have to get sick on the day of the big snow storm when you're cooped up in the house with a father who is in his "easily irritated at everything" mood?:mad:

My dad keeps making jokes that he's going to shoot her (he wouldn't really do it) but still, I don't think its at all funny.:rolleyes::(

CaliTerp07

Ugh, I'm sorry :( We just went through that with Lucy a couple weeks ago, and it's miserable. We took turns sitting with her in the bathroom for a few hours at a time.

Hope Daisy is feeling better soon!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Hope Daisy feels better soon. My friend's dog has been vomiting and having the runs for the past few days and she's been doing the boiled rice and chicken. Her dog is slowly getting better. She has no idea what happened.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I am happy to report that Daisy had some rice this morning and she's kept it down! She seems to be feeling better today. We still have her blocked in the room with the tile floor, and my mom is cooking bacon, and she's doing her little "I-smell-bacon-please-let-me-out" dance. :D

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Daisy is sick again. Last night around 8:30pm she threw up her dinner in four spots. Then this morning at around 9:30 and 10:00 she threw up, the first time was brown liquid, the second time was a large amount of yellow bile. At around 11somethng I took her temperature, and it was within the normal range -101.4F. I also gave her a pepcid at some point in the AM, I don't remember exactly when.

At around 11:30 we let Daisy have a little water, then took her out for a walk. She peed and had a normal (although small) stool. We came back in, she had a tiny bit more water, and then five minutes later threw up a large amount of yellow bile. A little while later we gave her a tiny bit of chicken broth, and she licked it up. (We attempted chamomile tea with honey in it to soothe her stomach, but she would not take it - not even with chicken broth in it). We tried some chicken broth a little later, and she would not take it. About 4:00 she threw up a small amount of clear liquid.

My regular vet, and a I think most vets beside the evets, are closed because of the effing snow. I tried calling the evet, but they won't advise me over the phone, they just tell me to bring her in. I can't though unless my parents want to drive me in the truck because of, you guessed, the EFFING SNOW. Not that I could pay for it myself anyway with my joblessness (my parents would have to help me with it).

I'm at a loss.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I called a bunch of vets, but just got a recording saying they were closed. I called one more, got their answering service who gave me a number for the Hope Center in Vienna and they answered and gave me advice! The woman said to withhold food/water for 12 hours and then try to give her something, and if she still vomits to get her to a vet.

However, Daisy hasn't had any food since last night at 4:00 when she had her dinner, and that all ended up on the carpet 4 hours later. The only stuff she's had today is water and some chicken broth. It seems some of the water was absorbed anyway, before she vomited after that walk, since she took a big pee outside an hour ago.

Barb04

Super Moderator
How is she doing this morning?

My friend's dog had the runs and throwing up on and off for a week until it cleared. She had to feed the boiled rice & chicken, and then gave some herbal pills she had from her holistic vet.

I hope you can get to the vet soon.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Daisy is better this morning! Last night she had some water (quite by accident) and she kept it down! This morning my mom gave her some chicken and rice, and so far so good! :)

Members online

No members online now.