distressed dog

Lucid

About 30mins ago my dog started sharking, panting and looking like he wasnt quite with it, not staying in the same spot for to long and hiding away as if he was scared of something.

I thought at first something had spooked him but there wasnt anything else around to do that.

Its very late here in the UK and Im at work all day tomorrow, my partner is here for the morning and then the dog walker in the afternoon but Im just not sure what to do to settle him or even what could be wrong?

Any ideas?

lizzybeth727

Could be sick? Check and make sure he hasn't eaten anything unusual. Could also check for symptoms of bloat if it's a large dog.

Lucid

He was eating just before it happened, so he could be feeling sick just hasnt been, I took him out the back as soon as it started but he wasnt sick so just took him back in.

He's a collie/kelpie mix so is quite a small dog.

My partner is getting him to try drinking a little water to try settle him after all the shaking and distract him, he has stopped shaking now and isnt walking around, just hiding and lying down.

Thank you Lizzybeth for your reply

Pomp

Couldn't in be anything though, not necessarily a seizure? Who knows what dogs get freaked out by. One of my dog shakes if the fire detector starts beeping because it needs a new battery. Maybe this dog saw or heard something.

Members online

No members online now.