Good vibes needed for Boomer

Giny

His health turn for the worse during the night. He woke up at around 2am, and got out of bed. I wasn't too alarmed, he normally does this for either water or wanting to go potty. After a 1/2 hour of him not coming back to bed I went looking for him and found him laying on the hardwood floor. As soon as I picked him up I noticed he felt cold and his lungs sounded horrible. He was and is still very lethargic and is taking very shallow breaths, and doing a slight whine with ever one he takes. I left a message with the vet's answering service for the oncall vet at 3am, he called me back 10 minutes later. He told me to give him some prednisone, because of his Cushings Disease and told me to call back if he gets worse. I was kind of upset by this, Boomer looked he was in pain and I thought he needed to see someone right away.

Anyway, he did a bit better a slept a bit, but still with labored breathing. I'm waiting for the vet's office to open up so I can bring him right in.

Could you please send him some feel good vibes? :(

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

Sending schnauzers kisses, wet Lincoln noses, and Tsuki said he can visit her later in her crate. Get better BooBoo!!

Giny

Thank you for the good wishes and vibes.

We're back from the vets. She checked out his lungs and heart and said that he had a slight heart murmur that wasn't there 2 months ago. Too be sure that the murmur wasn't the cause of his breathing she suggested a chest xray, which he got. All came back fine, his heart was the right size and his lungs looked clear. Next thing she thought is that he might have aspirated some fluids during then night (Boomer sometimes has reflux) and caused aspiration pneumonia? so they did a complete blood panel on him, so they can check his white blood cell count. I'll know the results in a few hours. She said that if he did aspirate some fluids last night that it wouldn't show on the xray right away, could take up to half a day to show up. Anyhow, she gave him a shot of penicillin just in case.

I'm relieved that it doesn't seem something serious. Everything you could imagine went through my head during the night and I had myself convinced that I was going to have to say goodbye to my heartdog sooner then later.

He seems to be doing a bit better right now. He isn't breathing as shallow as earlier.

bubbatd

Many healing vibes for Boomer ,,,,,hope things continue looking up .

Giny

His cbc came back all normal, the white blood cell count was normal so was his electrolytes, he did have one of his enzyme that was a bit elevated but she said that for a dog with Cushings it's not unusual. So for now she suggests that we keep an eye on him and he should be better by the next 24-48 hours if not or gets worst then to go back. He's still sleepy but did bark and run towards Nemo, the cat, which is a good sign for him, not for Nemo, though. lol

Now I wish I can go to bed but I have to go work.

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Glad to hear that Boomer is doing a little better... good vibes coming his way and yours!

Bailey08

((((Giny)))) and ((((Boomer))))

I am so glad to hear that it sounds like he'll be okay. I can't imagine how scary that was. :(

Giny

Thank you for the well wishes, I think they are working. Boomer seems a bit more like himself this morning. Still not as peppy but breathing normally, just a bit of a cough now and then. I'm so relieved.

Also, not pertaining to this, but sort of. Yesterday's xray showed that Boomer's microchip had migrated to the side of his neck, almost over his left shoulder. You could see it there on the xray, the vet thought it was funny. Hope it doesn't keep moving. :yikes:

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Maybe he aspirated water from the squirt bottle? LOL

Boomer get better!! Does he need us to pop over tomorrow and cuddle the sick out of him?

Members online

No members online now.