Fencing my yard

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I am getting the landlord's permission to put up a fence. I know she will not care at all, because when i move (if i ever do) i will take it down. My yard is pretty big, but since there is a main highway right in front of it and my low budget I have decided to only fence in the side yard. I dont like the idea of a fence being so close to the road anyway.

My dad has over 10 acres fenced in with cattle fencing. It has always worked fine. Although it looks red neck I think I will do that. oh yeah, i live in Kentucky so its okay to be red neck!

R

RedyreRottweilers

I have 6' chain link with locked gates.

You can see my fencing in the background of some of my pictures.

R

RedyreRottweilers

Trust me. When 3 or 4 Rottweilers are charging it, and hit it full speed, flip around, and run up and down, I am really GLAD it is a strong as it is. :D

It was not cheap. It IS portable, but surely not easy to move. It's 9G wire, with serious reinforcement on the bottom so that it cannot be torn from the frame EVER. It takes 2 strong men to move even the panels without the gates.

It was worth EVERY CENT.

;)

Chewbecca

feel the magic
We're putting up a 6' privacy fence next weekend. The utility companies just came out this week and sprayed our yards to let us know it was ok to dig.

R

RedyreRottweilers

I'm not sure you can see in the photo, but it is a double fence. On both sides there is also 4' chain link, with about 4' between the fences. This way my neighbors (and/or their dogs) are always at least 4' from my dogs.

Smart . . . and not just for keeping the dogs separate. If there is going to be a fence, there should always, ALWAYS be a clearly dilineated PERMANENT line marker of some sort if the fence isn't a line fence. It's quite common for non line fences to become, over time, the boundary. And it sticks in court.

Sher

Designed for Love
i would LOVE to be able to have a fence. i live in a 55+ mobile home park and fences are not allowed. i HATE it! my little lily would just love to be let out to explore the yard and run around all she wants on her own without me on the end of a leash....:( does anyone know if those underground fences work on smallish yards?? thanks for any replies....

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
That's great! Fences make dog owning MUCH easier. ; )

I think my favorite part about my backyard is the fence. It's 6', 7' in the front. The fence along the front has cement under it, so there isn't even the opportunity for them to dig out. And the locks are really secure.

You can see part of it in this picture... I'm just way too lazy to go out and take a picture. That's the front, on the right side. The reddish wood is a really huge double-gate. The darker wood is the normal fencing.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I envy your fences. Wait until i take a picture of mine, you will be checking for cattle. I just went to the farm store and they have the fencing on sell for $124.99 for 330 foot. but of course thats not counting all of the posts and stuff i need. Ruckus is a fence jumper, and i bet Chance would be a digger so my dogs will never be outside without me anyway. This will make agility sooo much better now that i dont have to "try" to do the weave poles, tunnel, etc on a leash! The lady at the farm store assured me that if it will keep in cattle it will keep in dogs. i know from experience that cattle love to escape!

I only needed 218 foot of fencing, but i guess now the dogs will have a bigger yard to run and play in! i might as well use it all. Yiipppeee, i am so excited. I am buying the fencing now while its on sale, but it will be a few weeks before i get all the other things i need. I promised the boys i would have it put up by July, so thats my goal.

bubbatd

Luckily my house was fenced in the back when I bought it ......one of the things that sold the house . I couldn't have afforded fencing and my IB was nearing the end with a brain tumor and would wander off . She had never been tethered and wasn't happy unless free .

Members online