Inside Dog Gates

So our gate we currently have is just barely an obstacle for the dogs right now, they go through it like it's nothing and it's driving me nuts.

So, I'm looking for a new gate but nothing is coming up that looks good. The one we have is pressure mounted and honestly I would just rather get one bolted to the wall.

Anyone have any suggestions of ones that you've used that are sturdy and not so expensive I have to sell a kidney?

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Try yard sales and Craigslist! I see baby gates on there all the time. Some are cheapie plastic ones, but there are some heavier duty or homemade ones occasionally. My mom and I scored a brand new metal one, with a walk through gate and a motion activated light for $15 this summer at a yard sale.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I know you said mounted, but I really like this one!

http://www.amazon.com/Dreambaby-Ext...id=1379102101&sr=8-2&keywords=dream+baby+gate

I have an older version, but it's held up for 4 years of dogs AND babies. lol. Just a cheap option! :)
^I have an older version of this one too, though it's 42" not 40"

It's held up well despite the moves.

However....

Webster figured out where exactly to grab and pull up and back to trip it open, and occasionally Mira will jump it.

Works for Kim though :p

[YOUTUBE]rKlFCXSxgg0[/YOUTUBE]

^"Hidden camera" to figure out how the heck he was escaping. He was waiting and listening for us to be sure we left the house before opening the gate. And yes, it was properly and tightly mounted.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
We just have a baby gate bolted to the living room entrance.

Finally, at 16, Rosey would respect the gate.

Ella jumps the **** thing, though. And Nacho learned how to open it. (Which is made funnier by the fact that my sister can't open it, and she's 26...)

k9krazee

So our gate we currently have is just barely an obstacle for the dogs right now, they go through it like it's nothing and it's driving me nuts.

So, I'm looking for a new gate but nothing is coming up that looks good. The one we have is pressure mounted and honestly I would just rather get one bolted to the wall.

Anyone have any suggestions of ones that you've used that are sturdy and not so expensive I have to sell a kidney?
But it's terribly difficult for grown men :p

I have nothing constructive to add.

Members online