Woohoo - we start agility class tonight!

JacksonsMom

So excited :D

We haven't done anything agility-related since late 2010, where Jackson really thrived in our beginner class. He just loves it.

So we start tonight at 6PM, I'm puuummppppeddddd.

JacksonsMom

He did great! :)

The trainer really knows her stuff, and I really like her. Jackson showed off his stuff, and the first little sequence, he was so into it and proud of himself, strutting/prancing afterwards. She was like "when was the last time you guys did a class again?!?" and I told her 2010, and she was very impressed.

I really need to work on ME a lot this week though, I never really grasped the basics, so I'm going to be working a lot on me.

But Jackson did excellent and stayed in tune to me the whole time, with one moment of 'let me sniff the dirt for 30 seconds' because the person before us had dropped food.

Oh and weave poles ... yeah I totally completely screwed up when teaching him weaves two years ago (I did the leash thing, guide him in and out), and she was doing channel method. He kept trying to run along side me, vs. me going to the end and calling him through the center of the weave poles.

So we've got some homework to do, but I know we're going to enjoy the next few weeks.

k9krazee

:D Keep up the good work!

I'm so excited for you! I'm really itching to get into dog sports again now that my career & home life is stable. Agility will always be number one, but I'd love to dabble in frisbee, flyball and dock diving.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Hurray Team Jackson! Glad you guys had a blast. You have a big head start just by having a good working relationship with your boy walking in. Great that he remembered some of it and was excited to be back at it :)

Members online