Might need transport help! KY-IN

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
This is still all up in the air, but on a Lab forum I just recentally joined there was a posting for this man at a high kill shelter in Kentucky:

His name is Conner, and he is a 1 1/2 year old male nuetered Black Lab - that happens to look like a clone of Blackie when he was that age. I sent my mom an email with his information asking her if we could pull/adopt him as I do on occasion for other dogs that tug on my heart strings...but this time she actually agreed to it. o_O She left a message for Dad to see if he'll agree, and if he does say it is fine to pull him, I will be contacting the shelter ASAP to see if he is still there/if we can adopt him. I just hope that it won't be too late. I wouldn't think he'd be high on their euth list since he is young and purebred, but their webpage sounds very desperate so I can't say what they will decide.

The shelter is located in Hopkinsville, KY, which is about a five hour drive south from us. We could make the drive if needed, but transport help would be ideal, or even gas money as I am really tight right now and I know my parents are as well. Is there anyone in southern Indiana or that part of Kentucky that would be able to help drive him north?

At this point in time I don't even know if we'll be able to get him, but if we are I want to have everything worked out so all we need to do is make the call.

~Tucker&Me~

WIsh I was closer :( Goodluck! If no one here is able to drive, maybe some rescues between you and the shelter might know of people willing to volunteer their time? Worth an email to ask :)

Members online

No members online now.