pic of magnums "hot spot"

luvmydogs

ok for those who dont know what a hot spot is, i posted a pic. its actually a bacterial infection, from dirt..so the vet told me. i have never heard of Hot Spots before.and to be honest i thought of it like a sunburn or something like that.lol.
moderators, if this is too graphic let me know and i will delete it!!!

Richie12345

Ouch! Does it hurt when you touch it? I've heard of a hotspot but never really read about it

luvmydogs

richie i believe so, because he was growling so bad the vet had to put a muzzle on him, and he still tried to bite. but when i put the ointment on a second ago, he didnt even growl..i guess he already trusts me after 2 days of having him yippieeeh...
and bella's mom..the vet gave me some antibiotics, and ointment and anitbacterial wash for it. it should clear up in about or week or so..

S

stirder

I cant tell for sure from the picture, but it looks a heck of a lot like the hot spots I have had on my gsd's. yes, use some aloe, spray is best. he may not like it when you spray it on but it will help. if he doesnt like it its because it kind of feels cold. but it will help. good to see its shaved. thats the best thing for hot spots. allows the air to get to them and they can dry out and heel. if you see him trying to scratch or chew at it, try to stop him.

bubbatd

I had problems with hot spots back when there weren't flea and tick prevenitives, the vet gave me a solution that would dry up heal the area . I haven't had them for years, but I remember when one day they'd be the size of a dime and the next day 3" in diameter . Until you get to the vet, clip away the hair around the area , clean area with peroxide and dust lightly with an antibotic powder.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
bubbatd said:
I had problems with hot spots back when there weren't flea and tick prevenitives, the vet gave me a solution that would dry up heal the area . I haven't had them for years, but I remember when one day they'd be the size of a dime and the next day 3" in diameter . Until you get to the vet, clip away the hair around the area , clean area with peroxide and dust lightly with an antibotic powder.
ROFL I thought you where talking about YOU having a hot spot at first! :p

Poor Magnum.....I hope he feels better soon :)

luvmydogs

bubbatd said:
he's been to the vet and they shaved it..and gave me antibiotics and stuff for it

Members online

No members online now.