Marq vomitting yellow stomach bile

T

tessa_s212

But when you foster don't you incur extra expense? I foster too. I don't have to pay vet bills, but I would still have to drive the foster to the vet if he/she needed it. And I still feed the foster dogs the same quality of food my dogs get etc etc. It just seems so strange, you say you have all these issues with your parents and have so much just to look after yourself, I worry that you won't be able to look after the dogs AND you.
Look, I'm doing the best I can. I got Cocoa when I was 9 years old. I didn't know we'd have these money problems. I've already cried countless hours over the possibility of rehoming Cocoa. Spook was deathly skinny and was at risk of euthanasia. That's the only reason we brought him home, and it was my mom's decision anyway-not mine. He hasn't needed any vet care, and my sister is going to pay for his rabies shot and stool check. He's fed Chicken Soup like the rest of our dogs.

Dekka

Just try me..
Exactly, that is why I am concerned. I am not trying to 'pick on you' I am honestly concerned for you and your dogs. You post about living in horrendous living conditions, and worrying about your dogs, yet you bring home more.

Paige

Let it be
I'm not one to take a dog to the vet for just any old thing either. My dogs hardly ever go to the vet actually. By the sounds of it though this dog does need medical attention. I know when I was puking up bile I needed it. I had to get hooked up to an IV. After that I don't remember the next four days. I know dogs and humans are different but by the sounds of it it's not minor.

Hi,

I agree about the medical attention. I understand that you may not be able too..but it really does sound like something that might be serious. None of us are vets (that I know of) and neither are you (that I know of) so it's a safe choice.

Hope everything is okay.

-Ali

T

tessa_s212

Dekka, please, just back off.

I know I don't have the best of circumstances. We knew that bringing home spook, but it was either that, or he was euthanized. Would you rather have him dead? I wouldn't.

I'd really rather not be bashed and treated badly for something that isn't exactly in my control. I try my hardest. I'm spending nearly 200 dollars on vet bills. Last night I spent probably 3 hrs in total crying over Cocoa and then stayed online looking up and researching what could possibly be wrong with MArq until nearly 1 am when I had school in the morning. So please, all I'm askign is that you back off and give me some credit. I'm doing the best that I can.

Dekka

Just try me..
sigh.. you ask for advice, and then get mad when people give it.

You don't like that I have concern for you? Fine. I will save my concern for those who do seem to genuinely want help when they ask for it. I will no longer share my opinions with you again then, since you obviously don't want help or suggestions or care.

I hope everything works out fine for you tessa, but please take Marq into the vet if he starts throwing up bile again.

bubbatd

We may seem harsh , but it's because we care . Financially I can't go for every bump etc . But when my beloved Chip wouldn't eat without coaxing on a Saturday , bile and wouldn't eat Sunday , took him in on Monday.......after tests I had no choice but have him PTS Wednesday . Had I not taken him in until he was really bad , I wouldn't never forgiven myself .

elegy

overdogged
Perhaps if you truly have no money for vet bills, then Marq should go back to his breeder. You talk about rehoming Cocoa. Who is going to take her? For better or worse, she's your primary responsibility.

It's great to want to foster dogs to keep them from having to be killed, but what happens to your own dogs if you can't afford the care they require? What if Marq does have an obstruction? Or pancreatitis?

I know you don't want to hear it. You don't want to hear anything I have to say to you ever. And I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for your struggling. I'm sorry that dogs cost money, but there's nothing anybody can do to change that.

T

tessa_s212

Perhaps if you truly have no money for vet bills, then Marq should go back to his breeder. You talk about rehoming Cocoa. Who is going to take her? For better or worse, she's your primary responsibility.

It's great to want to foster dogs to keep them from having to be killed, but what happens to your own dogs if you can't afford the care they require? What if Marq does have an obstruction? Or pancreatitis?

I know you don't want to hear it. You don't want to hear anything I have to say to you ever. And I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for your struggling. I'm sorry that dogs cost money, but there's nothing anybody can do to change that.
I had someone that would have taken Cocoa just a month ago. I KNOW she is MY responsibility. Why in the hell do you think I'm spending my much needed money? I still have no clue how I'm going to get a car or go to college. I don't have the money to spend, but when it comes to my dogs I'll go absolutely broke giving them the absolute best care I can. I begged for a MONTHS for my parents to let us put our dogs on good food. My sister and I are putting all of our dogs on heartguard, and paying for all of it.

Don't be so silly. it isn't that I don't want people to care. I don't want them bashing me. I'm doing my best. And for that, I am ridiculed and made out to be a horrible dog owner. Why don't I often post about my dogs? For this very reason. Why cannot I just get advice and care without the judgement and ridicule?

I'm doing the best I can. I am sorry if that is not good enough for you.

T

tessa_s212

sigh.. you ask for advice, and then get mad when people give it.

You don't like that I have concern for you? Fine. I will save my concern for those who do seem to genuinely want help when they ask for it. I will no longer share my opinions with you again then, since you obviously don't want help or suggestions or care.
I ask for advice without the extra ridicule and judgement. If you could give advice without that, I'd be plenty happy.. but instead you turn it around on me and make me out ot be a horrible dog owner.

Don't pin this on me. I'm only defending myself from others.

DanL

Tessa no one is saying you are a horrible dog owner, and I don't see any ridicule or judgment in the posts. It looks to me like people are trying to help and you push back on them. To be blunt, a dog is a long term commitment. If you can't care for it properly, even if you are trying your hardest, you have to think about doing what is best for the dog. Your heart is doing your thinking for you.

T

tessa_s212

Tessa no one is saying you are a horrible dog owner, and I don't see any ridicule or judgment in the posts. It looks to me like people are trying to help and you push back on them. To be blunt, a dog is a long term commitment. If you can't care for it properly, even if you are trying your hardest, you have to think about doing what is best for the dog. Your heart is doing your thinking for you.
If I am thinking with my heart, I am thinking ONLY in her interest. If I weren't why would I ever even considering breaking my own heart and giving away the one special little dog that kept me alive? If I weren't thinking in only their interest, why would I even dare thinking about rehoming Cocoa? I love my dogs. Just the possibility of rehoming them exhausts me with crying. But they come first, not me. Why else would I be spending my money on them when I still don't even have half as much I need to get my own self a car and out of this house? Because I care more about them than I do myself. If I am thinking with my heart, it is for them only. And no one can accuse me of any different.

Besides, I have already told everyone on this thread that Marq stopped throwing up and is eating again. He's eating and my mom reports that he's pooped too. And being the clumsy fool he is, he probably just knocked his leg on something(as he always does) just a little too hard. Hes no longer limping or carrying his leg.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I was going to say.... it was said earlier in the thread that he ate two full meals without getting sick.

If he is eating again and pooping and drinking normally then I really see no reason to take him to the vet now.

and I know what you mean about having a finicky dog... beezer doesn't eat his food everyday either. of course I don't know how he produces so much poop when he doesn't eat much lol. At least once a week Belle and Beezer both throw up bright yellow bile. Then after they get sick from an empty stomach they feel crappy so they don't eat for a little while longer. And then everything goes back to normal and Belle becomes a pig again and Beezer will eat his meal.

Sometimes dogs just get upset tummies I guess. if he's not eating of course he woudlnt' be pooping. But since he is eating now and pooping and if he was drinking throughout the time that he wasn't eating then he sounds fine to me. Our vet always tells us that a lot of times if they stop eating but continue drinking then it is usually an upset stomach and you can bring them in and get pills to settle their tummy but it is by no means nessecary. But if they become lethargic, refuse to eat and drink and continue to throw up then you should bring them in.

BUT marq sounds like he is back to normal now. :D

I know a few dogs who periodically throw up bile and the vets seem to pretty consistently recommend Pepcid AC for it (if it's not accompanied by other symptoms). It might be worth a call to the vet to see if they recommend keeping some on hand for days that your dog is feeling a little pukey.

Members online

No members online now.