Today's Vet Appointment..

Adrienne

Go with a good probiotic

Have you tried adding a probiotic to her food. Balancing the system with probiotic can help with yeast problems. Gunnar had chronic ear yeast infections and since starting the acidophilus he has been ear problem free for over three months now. Even after a round of antibiotics (after ER surgery) he still didn't get another infection which is amazing!!

You can buy the human grade powder form at most health food stores, give 1/4 teaspoon a day on top of the food. It's worth a try, it worked miracles for me.

We also starting using it on my grandma's dog who is also prone to ear and belly yeast infections, her ears cleared up right away, it is still to soon to tell if it will help with the belly yeast problem because she's only been on it for about two weeks and didn't have a flare up when we started.

Awww Liz hugs for Dulce, poor baby.

One tip I think you could try too, is to give her vinegar baths. I use them myself for all these types of things. It's a natural astringent, and is very very soothing. Vinegar of course won't harm her. Granted it might sting a bit but can't be any worse than what she is going through.

Trust me it does work, and it won't hurt to try :)

Good healing vibes.
THANKS! :D I appreciate it. I'll try some stuff out. She's on 1000mg (500mg every 12 hours) of Cephilexin. It's NASTY stuff. That and another tablet that's for fungal infections.

But, she's still not eating. :(

Thanks, Adrienne, got your PM :D

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
Cephihexin. It's funny you know when ever I need anti biotics etc I always have to take a thrush medication along with it, and Ceph always gives me thrush. makes you wonder doesn't it, if that might be aggravating it.

But anyways you let us know how she's going :) and you're welcome

Adrienne

Thrush is a yeast infection in the mouth. The reason that you get yeast overgrowth while on antibiotics is that it kills your healthy bacteria along with the harmful throwing your balance out of wack. That's why a good probiotic can help, it adjusts and promotes the healthy, beneficial bacteria.

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
Yep what Adrienne said but also you can get thrush on the vagina as well. Men tend to carry the thrush bug, but don't suffer with it as women do, because our urethra's (tube which urine passes) are shorter than mens. Anti biotics can create the environment in which the bacteria grows, by killing off good bacteria in your body as well as the germs for which you are originally prescribed the anti biotics :)

Does that make sense? lol sorry if I"m confusing you.

Yea, I'm confused about how this relates to Dulce hehehe :)

I don't know if it's antobiotics that she's on...??? Ack.

She wasn't feeling well today. She was choking, and gagging..and threw up a little :( And she didn't eat today. Did I alreay say that?

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
LOL sorry..ok..you said Dulce had yeast over her body? Well the thrush infection is whats called a yeast infection. Thats why I related the two, and why others have as well.

I'm so sorry she still isn't eating :( and throwing up poor bubba.. Have you taken her back to the vet???

Barb04

Super Moderator
Hope Dulce feels better soon and you can find a way to lessen the yeast growth.

Members online

No members online now.