2 questions about dog health

1. cat poop. When my wife makes me go to my mother-in-laws, my puppy gets to go outside by hisself. he loves to eat cat-poop. I got to thinking about it, and cant my dog get worms/disease that way? (not to mention his breath afterwards:( )

2. Yellow eye mocos. he generally always has a lot of eye mocos, but yesterday they were bright yellow!! is that a bad thing? :confused: (I have been letting him have chicken broth frozen treats, and it is ALMOST the same color, I am not sure if there is a connection there or not, though)

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me
1. supervise your puppy at all times, and don't let him eat strange poop, or any poop. feces is a breeding ground for bacteria and some worm eggs can live a long time outside.

2. some breeds have ocular discharge and the eyes need to be cleaned daily, anyway it'd be a good idea to see your vet. to have the eyes checked and make sure there is nothing wrong with the tear ducts, third eyelid, or anything else.

Never let the put eat anykind of feces...for some reason cat's leavings are just tastey treats to most dogs. Just supervise closely or consider purchasing a collapsable kennel for when you're visiting.

See the vet about his eyes...it's likely allergies, though. How old is the dog?

aelizilly

Beagle Bailey
I agree that the pup does not need to eat the cat feces, this is asking for trouble.

As for the eye problem, I would have the vet check it out to be safe and make sure he doesn't have some sort of infection.

vet said that the yellow was probably just pigment from the chicken broth.

He now has soft tissue damage in his shoulder (read about it in the good day/ bad day thread), and I feel so bad for him.

I wasnt thinking about it at lunch, and we played a little Fetch!. He got so excited that he jumped for it, landed on the bad leg, and re-gimped himself :( .

moxiegrl

My puppy does the same thing with the litter box, so we had to move it into the "cats room" which is the only room Katie cant get in but the cats can.(the top part of the door opens so we can close the door and the cats can jump in). The first time we found out we found cat litter in the bed.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Cat droppings are quite high in protein (as cat food is quite high in protein to begin with,more than the cats can fully digest), which make them very appealing to most dogs. But since you never know where the animal has been, it's a good idea to always watch your dog.

cat poop treats

I have also read in a "how to raise puppy's for dummies" book that grain doesn't digest in a cat (since they are carnivores), and goes to the feces. Since most doggy treats are mainly grain, the dog thinks that these are just treats sitting out ready to be eaten. Kinda self-awarded positive renforcement:eek:

Members online

No members online now.