First Vet Visit

vmills

SimAlvin
I'm bringing a 9-week old pup (cocker-poodle mix) to the vet for the first time next week. I have the breeder list of shots to this point.

I've done this a few months ago, but need to be reminded what questions are absolutely essential to ask the vet.

I'll compile a list from the forum's responses to take with me.

Thanks for your help.

lizzybeth727

Wow, two puppies under a year old??

Questions that are essential to ask the vet are any questions that you have about your puppy's health. So it all depends on what you know already and what you need to know, that's how you determine what to ask. Don't let the vet intimidate you so that you blindly follow his instructions without getting any clarification if that's what you need, so feel free to ask questions throughout the exam whenever they come up.

I would also not ask any questions specifically about behaviorial problems (vets get very little training in dog behavior, most of their suggestions will come from past clients' experiences and their own experiences, which may or may not be helpful for you), or about diet (most vets get very little training about diet, and the training they get is usually sponsored by a food brand).

Staff online

Members online