Found New Food All Natural

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Ok I just got back from my doggie store who carries only the best products in my opinion and here is what she just recommended to me to give a try. This is for people who are considering a raw fed diet or home cook or feed kibble. I am posting a link to their website and the food will seem quite pricey but 1 oz packet gives 1/4 lb of food. I took several 1 oz packets to give it a try and see if they like it. She suggested that I mix a bit with their kibble daily and see how they improve from where they are now :yikes: I thought they were already well cared for but I agree that more is better. Anyway in light of the pet foods stuff going on I am going to give it a shot. Wonder what you all think if it looks good to you. thehonestkitchen.com

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
The pet store I used to work at carried it. My only issues with it are the price and low protein. It would need to be supplemented with meat (or raw) for my crew. Once we get Buddy's test results, we'll have more of an idea of what we can feed Buddy. I'd like to feed raw, but Embark may be an option.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
I only have one dog so to me it is worth the price :) 17 pounds of dry kibble lasts me more than a month. The place I am going to be working at part-time carries it, so I think I am going for the preference so I can add my own meats such as beef and lamb because of Caiza's issues with chicken ;) Thanks Joyce for the link :D

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Stick with the one dog, lol! Three dogs weighing over 200lbs together would go through 17 lbs of food quite quickly.

DOGTOWN

I have Tries the honest kitchen and found that it didnt yeild enough actual food. Most of the dogs I used it on didnt like the taste either.

sam

I have heard good things about Honest Kitchen but since we don't have it here I haven't looked into it. the people I know who use it mostly feed home made raw diets so I think they use it for variety or to have something on hand that's easy for when you forget to thaw. I think some poeple use one of their formulations to mix with raw.

Last edited:

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Some types are better then others. More protein. I can not use the chicken or turkey. The pet nutritionist there on site at the vets said it is complete and needs no supplement. I think that having gone with the verve I may always add some liver or heart to it.

Herschel

It's interesting stuff. I've tried it with Herschel and I actually feel bad feeding it to him. It's odd (green or yellow) colored slop.

However, the ingredients are really nice and I like the idea of an easily accessible all natural diet. If it weren't so extremely expensive I'm sure it would be more common.

A while ago their website had $1 samples. I'm not sure if they're still doing that.

sam

It's interesting stuff. I've tried it with Herschel and I actually feel bad feeding it to him. It's odd (green or yellow) colored slop.

What does he think of it though? What's "slop" to you might be good to him?
Kind of like the way my dogs go bonkers for tripe :p You could also add a bit less water if it's too runny. I dunno, dehydrated food seems far more appealing and more like "real food" to me than a plain old bowl of kibble.

I have feed NRG dehydrated for a special treat once in a while and as soon as I pour the water over it my normally dry mouthed dogs are literally drooling on the floor- they don't do that with any other food.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
I must say that Kahlua gobbled it up almost as fast as it hit the bowl. Whiakey waited a second or so before devouring it.
As far as the price I just out weighed the cost of vet care for an illness brought on by the tainted stuff and the cost of the loss of a life, math seemed pretty simple to me.
Spoke to my vet today first thing he gave this way to go 100 % approval.

Herschel

What does he think of it though? What's "slop" to you might be good to him?
Kind of like the way my dogs go bonkers for tripe :p You could also add a bit less water if it's too runny. I dunno, dehydrated food seems far more appealing and more like "real food" to me than a plain old bowl of kibble.

I have feed NRG dehydrated for a special treat once in a while and as soon as I pour the water over it my normally dry mouthed dogs are literally drooling on the floor- they don't do that with any other food.
Good point. Have you ever seen it, though?

Ugh...tripe.. :yikes:

Members online