Thunder shirt question

Gypsydals

Question for you guys. Could I in theory take a blanket and wrap it tight around Peewee similar to a thunder shirt? Trying to come up with ways to make him feel more secure during the night and apparently day from hell? He is so terrified of the fireworks. Last night we shut all the curtains and turned music on. It helped but it didn't. And I know tonight is going to be just as bad.

Yea there's nothing special about the Thundershirt except it's easy to put on and to make it stay in place. It's just a snug shirt. I tell people it's like swaddling except their legs are free, and however you can accomplish that will work the same.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Yes, since the real point of it is the pressure being comforting, I would think that would work just fine. Good luck!

Gypsydals

Ok guys thanks. I was hoping it would work similar. He was just so terrified last night, he wouldn't even eat a oreo (non chocolate version) last night. And he never turns down cookies or candy. And judging by earlier, the fireworks are not done yet. :(

Barb04

Super Moderator
Did you try a blanket? I'm curious if it worked. I do have an actual thundershirt and it works great.

Gypsydals

No unfortunately, I got called into work an hour early. And I didn't want to put it on him at 4. He did ok though. I am going to keep it in mind next time we have a thunderstorm and see how he does with it. Its times like that, that I wish he didn't have so much hair. With Ivan I would slap it on him and go, with Peewee I worry about extra stuff over heating him.

Members online

No members online now.