Grape Seed Extract

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
i understand that grapes are toxic to dogs.

i see a lot of dog foods and supplements with grape seed extract as an ingredient.

is grape seed extract safe for dogs? why would grape seed extract be safe and not grapes?

i understand that grapes are toxic to dogs.

i see a lot of dog foods and supplements with grape seed extract as an ingredient.

is grape seed extract safe for dogs? why would grape seed extract be safe and not grapes?

I don't see how. Wouldn't that be like some one who is allergic to strawberries just drinking strawberry juice? The results are going to be the same.
I think sometimes that these pet food producers don't think about what goes into their foods and they just put in things to make is sound nutritious.

BostonBanker

While I can't answer the question of toxicity, GSE isn't just something that sounds nutritious. I've seen it do wonders on horses that were unhealthy, rundown, and underweight. It's one of the only supplements that I've seen actually make a difference in a horse - if only it wasn't so darn expensive!

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
ummm that link is about grapefruit seed extract...i was asking about grape seed extract...

but thanks, it's interesting too.

Dekka

Just try me..
Not sure. But it might be safe. What is in the grape flesh is what dogs can't have. Not sure if its in the seeds too.

Members online