Border collie pup

Mark

Hi all
Im about to buy a border collie pup from a breeder but i was wondering about the pups tail being up high and somtimes on its back.
The pup is 7 weeks old is this normal and will its tail drop down, it isnt always up there and i have seen this in other pups on website piccys.

Thanx for any help with this.
Mark

can send a picture if any wants to see

RD

Are you dead yet?
Hmm, is the tail curled over the back? If so, that's just his tail set, and no, it won't drop down permanently.

Please do post a picture, I'd like to see what you mean. (And I'd like to see a border collie pup. I have one as well) :)

Mark, if you'll go to the Picture Gallery, then click on upload photos, it's very easy to post your photos. The only problem I had was figuring out my own PhotoSuite to get them to the right size. The Chazhound part was easy. :)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Awe what a cutie.

What did the breeder say about the tail? Typically Border Collies should have straight, drop tails, according to the AKC, but personally I think that if the dog has the working BC temperament, looks aren't very important. One of the fabulous things about the Border Collie, they can come in all shapes, sizes, and colors and BC people will still consider them a BC. If you're paying for a 'show puppy', though, you're being ripped off..

If you get a picture of that tail, post it here. :)

Mark

thnx i have seen piccy of him with his tail down an straight,not into showing just want a good loyal dog to watch telly with at night lol, dont say ought to the wife.And fire off into the fields in the afternoon.

Members online

No members online now.