this breeder looks good...

Roxy's CD

I'm sorry if this seems rude, but you can't expect people to respond right away. I know personally, I don't know much yet about breeders to be able to tell you. I'm still in learning about what to look for myself for when I purchase my next pup.

I'm sure if anyone has seen this and hasn't responded it's because they're not sure either.

Just wait patiently :D We've all posted threads that have been missed and it's disappointing but it's definitely not because nobody cares! :)

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I saw that and it didn't say if they shipped or not (or at least I didn't see it) But I actully know someone that has a friend who breeds his show dals. If I do get one, it will probably be from them.

L

LabBreeder

Ok - they are in Europe (already mentioned), do they have health certs or a health guarantee? I see they do Bear testing but what about CERF? (It was mentioned they sometimes do, but nothing about a health guarantee that I could find.)
I LOVE the current litter. Especially the one's with more spots on their faces. They are cute pups.

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
arent patches severely frowned upon? They have ALOT of puppies that have patches, why is that? Not saying it makes them irresponsible, but they must be doing something to get puppies so out of conformation

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
it says on the site that about 95% of their puppies are just pets, so they focus more on temperment and health, then standards. That kinda bugged me though..I mean it's good that they have good health and tempermants (or that's what the site says :rollseyes: , but If I were to breed dals even though most would probably be breed for pets, I would still focus on standards...but like i said, I'm just browsing and if I do get a dal, it will be from someone i know...

L

LabBreeder

Patches are a disqualification. A patch is a solid mass of black or liver hair containing no white hair. It is appreciably larger than a normal sized spot. Patches are a dense, brilliant color with sharply defined, smooth edges. Patches are present at birth. Large color masses formed by intermingled or overlapping spots are not patches. Such masses should indicate individual spots by uneven edges and/or white hairs scattered throughout the mass. -per AKC standards

Which one's were you looking at? I looked at the most recent litter and didn't see what I thought would qualify as a patch...JMO though. :)

EDIT: 1 each out of A and B litter looked like they might be Patchy...but with 11 puppies you never know. Even Ch bred pups don't always match conformation or show standards.

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
I believe its the "A" litter one of the pups has solid colored ears and to eye patches, looks like he got punched in both eyes LOl. He is gorgeou and so cute, but that is a disqualification

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
one more thing! There last litter has tins of pictures, from week one to week 8 and they are so fat and cute!!! Boy do I love Dal puppies

L

LabBreeder

You know...I don't think it really matters. :) They are to cute for me to really care. If it was for a show dog then it would matter. They tell you on the site that not all of the pups will end up being show dogs soooo, you kind of know what to expect. I imagine those couple pups (if they have patches) will be pets that have at least been Bear tested and hopefully have good temperments as well.

I did not look very thorougly, but I do know that it is BAER testing, not bear testing. (Thanks to the dalmation in my breeds history we must do the test on all of our puppies because they are prone to deafness.) It could be a typo, but in any event, I swould like to see the proof of these 'bear' tests. :)

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
erm... I do think there isn't enough info to judge, but I don't think the pups are too patchy. I've seen litters literally as patchy as ESS's!

Outline, speaking of typos, it's "Dalmatian". :p

jess2416

Who woulda thought
OutlineACDs said:
I did not look very thorougly, but I do know that it is BAER testing, not bear testing. (Thanks to the dalmation in my breeds history we must do the test on all of our puppies because they are prone to deafness.) It could be a typo, but in any event, I swould like to see the proof of these 'bear' tests. :)
I noticed the "bear" test too :p but I wasnt going to say anything...

ihartgonzo said:
Outline, speaking of typos, it's "Dalmatian". :p
woops! lol.. I hardly ever reread what I type on here, but on a website I think things like that are important. Like I said just ask for scanned copies of the tests :) If you need to see what one looks like I can scan and send one for you

L

LabBreeder

OutlineACDs said:
LMAO @ myself. Wow, I just retyped how they spelled it on their site. I knew it looked funny but figured someone would say something if it was wrong. I'm glad you did. I wonder if this means they don't know what they are talking about and don't actually do the tests?

Members online