puppy shampoo
A good dog training/puppy raising book
brushes, if needed
puppy shampoo
Nail clippers
A sense of humor
Patience
A good vet picked out
Basic guidelines ready: Where are you going to put the crate? Where do you want the dog to sleep? Will he be allowed on the furniture? Where is his potty area?
puppy food
training treats

New puppies are so much fun! I absolutely love the shopping part.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
A good quality crate, an exercise pen, stainless steel food & water dishes, several Kong toys that you can stuff to train chewing on appropriate items, a treat ball, a flat buckle collar and a leash, whatever grooming tools you need (comb, brush, nail clipper), some toys (squeaky toy, ball etc.).

I'd also very highly recommend this book so you can keep up on your training and socialization schedule.

Im not sure where you live, but if it is in a cold climate, make sure to get a sweater. I see you are getting a maltese and as a small breed they can get cold. As a puppy they will have to be outside for longer amounts of time then an adult dog. Just make sure it isnt too long, so they can still go to the bathroom.

bubbatd

Along with Mordy's book " How to Raise A Puppy You Can live With " ...this will tell you how to evaluate the pups before you pick one out and whether the breeder is doing right by them .

Members online

No members online now.