I am now officially perplexed

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Every time Tyr's been in the ring for obedience trials, show-n-go's and IIRC in rally as well, he's nailed his sit fronts. Fast and close and perfectly straight.

In training, he NEVER gets those fronts. He sits too far away or he sits crooked or he comes in slower.

So where on earth do these sit fronts come from?

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
My Laekenois turns it on when he is in the ring. I guess he figures it's not worth his effort at home.

crazedACD

He just wants to make you wonder :p.

Romeo did the same...when we are heeling here at home, he has nice straight sits. When heeling in the training club building, he sits crooked as if to look at me. Who knows...I use more treats there and toys here..maybe it is anticipation of reward at home.

Hillside

Original Twin
Serious note? You are in a different mindset when you are actually in the trial ring. As goobery as these brown boy dogs can be, they seem to be pretty sensitive to stuff like that.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Well, he has it down perfect, he doesn't need to practice :p
*wonders what would happen if we quit training and just trialed*

He just wants to make you wonder :p.

Romeo did the same...when we are heeling here at home, he has nice straight sits. When heeling in the training club building, he sits crooked as if to look at me. Who knows...I use more treats there and toys here..maybe it is anticipation of reward at home.
Yeah. I would expect him to be less in position in the ring due to my nerves.

Serious note? You are in a different mindset when you are actually in the trial ring. As goobery as these brown boy dogs can be, they seem to be pretty sensitive to stuff like that.
Very true. And he is quite handler challenged. The recall doesn't require much handler interference though so it's easier than heeling. ;)

Will happily give up straight sits to not have the SA, OCD and NyxRaping.:popcorn:

In regards to anticipating a reward, I'm wondering if possibly because when he's crooked at home, he gets attention from me while I correct his position? When he's straight, we tend to move on to the next exercise.

I'm starting to test that theory by just walking away when his fronts are crooked and playing with him when he comes in straight.

Members online

No members online now.