Money management. Ugh.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Minor rant.

How did I get stuck with being the family bookkeeper/accountant/financial planner?

I get to pay all the bills, balance the books, track the accounts, etc. And it's tax time, so now I have forms littering my desk and a million different windows open at once on my computer. Blargg.

I asked my husband once if he wanted to handle the finances. His reply, "No! You're doing a great job! Besides, I like how I don't have to deal with anything besides spending the money." :wall: :cry:

I need chocolate.

Snark

Mutts to you
Regular or dark? Sis and I share a house and she takes care of paying the bills (although we do discuss financial stuff); I get to do the taxes.

zoe08

I feel the same! I have to pay all the bills, keep track of accounts, do the taxes, make all the decisions, except when he decides he wants to go buy a new gun or motorcycle.

I hate having all that responsibility on me, but I can't give the responsibility to him, because he won't keep up with it, and I have worked hard to get us good credit scores, etc. And I'll be even more stressed worrying if he paid the bills on time, etc...

CaliTerp07

Hehe, I like being the tax person. Bills are a no-brainer, they're all set to auto pay so neither of us does anything with them. Taxes are fun though in a strange way--like a mini puzzle. Guess that's part of the oddness that led me to becoming an algebra teacher.

I'm grateful that both of us are very fiscally responsible.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
I take care of the budget. Doug is really bad with money. But since following my budget he has seen his life make a huge shift. He makes less then half of what he did 4yrs ago but he has a lot more to show for it now and is starting to build his credit back up. Plus he likes that after I balance everything, bills and such are paid that if there is extra money then we discuss together where it goes and to what. No one really has 100% control. It is both of us deciding in the end.

Personally I prefer knowing where the money is going. I didn't with my ex and I almost ended up on the street because of that. Never agian.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
DH and I split the money stuff. He will do most of the utilities, I handle cable/internet. We both put money in the joint acct for rent but he's the one that takes it to the office. It's a nice balance, I think.

Members online

No members online now.