Bamm vs Beagle

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Oh yes... My friend Shanna's Dad let me borrow his truck for a few days since I'm watching their horses for them. I decided to take Bamm to work today since I could drive to work.

I get to work... and my coworker had brought her beagle, Louie. As soon as I saw Louie my innital thought was "oh crap" because my dog is reactive, but Bamm didn't even growl once. All he wanted was to play. We let them play off leash together and they chased each other around, pounced, pawed and grunted lol. We're going to let them play again in a little bit when we can pull away from work for a few minutes and guess what? I brought my camera so I can take pictures as proof that Bamm is loving this other dog lol.

Well at least I don't have to worry about Bamm being bored at work right???

Also... most of the advice I've ever been given about introducing dogs has been to introduce them outside in more open areas. I've noticed that with Bamm though... he does way better being introduced to dogs inside... wonder why that is?

mrose_s

BusterLove
yay for pictures.
yay for Bamm

Buster can be like that, anything outside the yard he hates. But he has met heaps of dogs inside the yard (including intact males aroudn a bitch on heat) and never had an issue. When everything says to introduce on neutral territory Buz is only happy is its on his territory.

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
Beagles have a vibe to them. I know folks who have Akitas and Beagles...or pairing of uber dominant breeds with them. It just works. They don't rock the boat and are content to be bossed...something about them just encourages the positive and de-fuses the negative in many dogs. Hundreds of years of pack up breeding I guess!

Glad Bamm had fun!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I think you could use his like of little dogs to your advantage. You can slowly introduce dogs of bigger sizes, a different kind of desensitization. I don't know how many dogs of different sizes you know though.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Also I think you should try to use calm dogs, because dogs who are jumping around going "OMGANOTHERDOGIWANTTOPLAY" might be overwhelming to Bamm...

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
ya that's true... lol...

we need to try him with Daisy again. Although... I'm wondering if we should let him see her inside and see how he reacts before going outside since he seems to feel better about meeting other dogs inside rather than outside. I want to get home now so I can get those pictures put up.... :)

Members online