What's a good tug toy?

Paige

Let it be
Bandit and Arya both love tug and I'd love to build up her play drive (Bandit already has plenty). I have always just used old horse leap ropes with him but yeesh does that clip hurt when it smacks you.

I'm on the hunt for a durable tug toy that has some length to it. Where do I get one? What do I buy?

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Nola loves the really long Skineez, and both her and Pike enjoy braided fleece. The fleece gets GROSS with spit though.

Hudson likes braided fleece tugs. I just buy scrap pieces of fleece from Joanne Fabrics and braid it myself. He also likes tugging on his leashes and I have one of those fire hose stuffed thingies. He likes tugging on it's handle :rolleyes:

crazedACD

These things.

Any of the fur tugs from Clean Run. Not sure how well they will stand up to a bully breed, and they do break down after a few weeks of use. But I do put them on the end of my flirtpole and tug HARD with them, Fiona will fly through the air and grab it and pull. And they get the other dogs tugging, yes.

FG167

Eden prefers fur (like rabbit) braided into fleece.

Limit and Kastle prefer a ball on a rope. Although they will tug on anything. When Limit is hot, the ball on the rope is the only thing that can get him amped up again.

I agree with the braided fleece toys. We have a couple Kong Braidz and Harley really enjoys them. They are surprisingly durable and stretch to a good length during play. You can read our review of it here: Kong Braidz

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I really, really like my bitesuit tug from all-k9. Roxie goes NUTS for it. I got sick of her destroying Skineez, but this tug is really holding up. Roxie's grip is also way stronger on it than the skineez.

Members online