Tooth Problems

SpringerLover

Buzz fractured his upper left carnassial tooth. Yeah, the big honker. I'm already stressing out about having to put him under to extract it! He's not getting a dental because he really doesn't need one... his oral health is great! So he'll only be under long enough to get the tooth out, unless I change my mind about the dental at the last minute... but I hope I don't!

Good thoughts for him next Tuesday?!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
good luck! Kaylee broke one of her carnassials last year, needed a bone graft and everything. No fun!

Saeleofu

That's the same one Logan broke. Sending "please don't take 1 1/2+ hours for the tooth to come out" vibes your way!

SpringerLover

I hate oral surgery so much because the mouth is so delicate and yet the teeth are SO hard to get out if they aren't already falling out.

He'll have a few bothersome sebacious cysts removed while he's out which is why I'm waffling on the actual dental as the vet can't remove the tooth AND the lumps at the same time so he'll be under for longer anyways.

At least I can have this done at my regular vet. Bailey had better not break any teeth any time soon. I just finished paying off the cat's ridiculously expensive dentals so this is now 3/4 pets needing serious oral work in the last 2 months. Seriously...!

CaliTerp07

Good luck Buzz! Lucy had 3 teeth removed within 2 months this past fall/winter. She went under in October to remove a broken one and they found another that was cracked, and then the ding dong broke a 3rd tooth in December (here bottom canine :() and had to go under again. Luckily all is well now, but UGH...not fun (and not cheap!)

mjmdogtrainingservice

mjmdogtrainingservices.ie
Snares

Buzz fractured his upper left carnassial tooth. Yeah, the big honker. I'm already stressing out about having to put him under to extract it! He's not getting a dental because he really doesn't need one... his oral health is great! So he'll only be under long enough to get the tooth out, unless I change my mind about the dental at the last minute... but I hope I don't!

Good thoughts for him next Tuesday?!
Be careful in leting your Springer loose in wooded area Why well I let my Springer out for a gallop and due to her nature of being a lone hunter and going into a frenzy she disapeared to which I heard he in distress ,in the dark and to my amazement she was caught in a snare or wire around her neck,the snare was set for badgers and lucky for her and me as shes a competition dog the snare was set to only partialy close around her neck.:yikes:

JacksonsMom

Ugh, not fun or cheap! Jackson had a trip to the dental vet in 2011 and $1500 later... he was fine, but yeah, teeth problems suck!

Good vibes being sent your way. I would probably always get the cleaning if they're going to be under anyway. I just feel like might as well, all the more cleaner they're going to be.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Good vibes being sent your way. I would probably always get the cleaning if they're going to be under anyway. I just feel like might as well, all the more cleaner they're going to be.
That tooth is usually a big giant pain in the butt to extract though. So for an older dog who's teeth are in fine shape... yeah, I'd just focus on getting that sucker out of there and waking him up. That's just me though, I hate when they're under anesthesia for so long. We had a carnassial extraction a couple weeks ago that took about 2 hours, and I hated it!

SpringerLover

Be careful in leting your Springer loose in wooded area Why well I let my Springer out for a gallop and due to her nature of being a lone hunter and going into a frenzy she disapeared to which I heard he in distress ,in the dark and to my amazement she was caught in a snare or wire around her neck,the snare was set for badgers and lucky for her and me as shes a competition dog the snare was set to only partialy close around her neck.:yikes:
Ironically-I know I can't let Buzz loose... anywhere. He has a lack-of-recall... :)

SpringerLover

That tooth is usually a big giant pain in the butt to extract though. So for an older dog who's teeth are in fine shape... yeah, I'd just focus on getting that sucker out of there and waking him up. That's just me though, I hate when they're under anesthesia for so long. We had a carnassial extraction a couple weeks ago that took about 2 hours, and I hated it!
Pretty much just that. This is "only" the second tooth he's broken. The first was his upper right 3rd incisor. He was barely on Iso by the time that sucker's root was out! (He also didn't get a dental then... he just has GOOD oral health, except for this whole broken tooth thing.)

Members online

No members online now.