How long are baby guppies in eggs?

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
guppies are live bearers.

please do your research before you get into this hobby! they dont hatch....

~Tucker&Me~

Guppies will be preggo for up to around 6 months!

After the initial meeting, the female will give birth up to around 6 times ;).

Check for a gravid spot to tell if they are pregnant. It is a black dot behind the bulge in the stomach (near the... You know ;)).

~Tucker

Maxy24

they will give birth around one month after conception, but as someone said they will still be pregnant and will give birth again in another month to more babies without having mated again. She will get a dark gravid spot before giving birth although my guppies have gravid spots even when not prego although it is brown instead of black. So after about a month after conception and if there is a black gravid spot and if the belly is huge, you should put the female in a breeder net/box unless you do not want to save them all and you have lots of foliage in the tank.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Yes they are pregnant for about a month, give birth to live babies. The babies must be seperated from the parents or given lots of cover to hide in. It is always easier to remove the parents than it is to remove the babies.

~Tucker&Me~

I dont really recommend breeder nets, as they are extremely stressful for fish and can cause the mother to give birth before her time out of stress and fear.

It is preferable to set up a small (3-10g) tank that you can move the breeding trio into. Once conception has taken place (give them a week) and then remove the male back to your base tank.

Provide LOTS offoliage and TONS of hiding spots. Once the birth has taken place, remove the mother.

~Tucker

Members online

No members online now.