brother to my Georgia died!

L

LabBreeder

One day about 8 months ago, me and my friend got a puppy each at a horse auction. This lady was walking around selling her JRT/Chi puppies for $40 each...we ended up paying $20 for hers (a boy) and $10 for mine (a girl). They were brother and sister. I kept Georgia until April, when we moved into our new place. She was given a good home with a very nice young lady who said I could call or come by and see her any time. Georgia now lives in an air conditioned dog house with a b/f and a few other dogs and gets to play outside alot more.
Brady, her brother, wasn't so lucky. :( My friend kept him for about 5 months and tried to get him to stop chewing on everything. He tore a hole in their couch and she gave him to her brother. He has 2 girls and they played with Brady alot. He was outside during the day and inside at night.
Well, Brady went missing about a week ago. He came limping and sidewinding his way back to their house two days ago. His head was swollen and he was foaming at the mouth. He wouldn't let anyone catch him or touch him. These people, who'd given him a second chance (but didn't pay much attention to him and didn't look for him to hard) couldn't help him. Poor Brady had been bitten by a Timber Rattler and was dying! By the time they were able to get close to him it was to late. Brady was gone.....:( He was a very sweet, loveable, cute boy and didn't deserve to die that way. If I ever see Georgia again, I'll have to tell her that her brother is gone...I'm hoping she'll never know or at least never understand if she is told.

Here's wishing that Brady is a happier dog at Rainbow Bridge...playing, eating and waiting for the rest of his doggy family to join him one day. I know most dogs are waiting for a human, but I don't think Brady ever had a "good" human in his life that he'd want to wait for. He probably doesn't remember me, I was only around him for 2 weeks when he was a pup. If he does remember me....I'll take him with me to heaven with my other dogs that I'll meet at Rainbow Bridge.

Barb04

Super Moderator
So sorry to hear what happened. He's a a better place now with all of our friends.

Members online