The Venting Thread

noludoru

Bored Now.
I sadly have no life brightening words of advice that will lift your spirits and remind you of the joys of skipping through fields of dandelions naked with flowers in your hair because other people have it worse (so of course, you can't be depressed) and of course something I say (because I know everything about your life and brain) will help you see the light and joy in the world and lift you out of your depression!

Did the same thing with my friend with the flu last week. A few inspirational quotes and told her about starving kids in africa who have it worse and then BOOM! CURED!

jokes aside, that blows and I hope it gets better soon.
(internet hugs)
AHAHA. Thank you. That actually made me giggle. Twice. So, that's better than the entirety of the rest of my day. Although I did giggle a bit when I decided I'm going to be Starbuck for Halloween and my props are going to be a liquor bottle and a cigar.

Because I can totally rock this:

Also, I have to buy basically nothing, so WIN.

I'm just trying to hang on until things get better. The problem is that they're not getting better. They're getting worse. And it's that feeling of clinging onto something and slowly forgetting what you're clinging onto that's getting to me.

This is me right now - the ONLY thing that has made me happy is driving:

I've been there, and I'm sorry that's where you are. I hope your doctor finds something that works, and that you feel better soon. I know it sucks to go through trial and error with meds. Super redhead hugs. <3
Awww thank yous. <3 I hope you're feeling better lately, too.

Keeping me on hold won't make me any nicer when you finally pick up you douchecanoes.
I love it when that happens.

((hugs))

i wish i could say or do something to make it all better, but i can't and that makes me sad.

I'm pretty low right now. Some stuff happened and I'm trying to deal with it. I hurt and it's no one's fault, it's the fault of a situation i entered into willingly knowing the risks. It's my own fault really, but not really, if that makes sense. It's not even that bad, i'm not losing anyone, it's just changing.

I'm at a point where my good days are more than my bad, but my bad days feel pretty bad and I know because of today that they're going to increase in number most likely... There's only so much I can do and tell myself to make myself not go there. I've decided I'm going to start looking for a therapist again. I want to do something and I'm over feeling like seeking out help is showing weakness.
Hugs all around. ilu. <3

And therapy is NOT a weakness. I thoroughly intend to go to a therapy appt when I'm in VA and it's not a dramatastic mess where I end up with $900 worth of bills for seeing a doctor.

It's like anything else medical. . . you have a problem, there's someone there who can help or even fix it. When it's put that way it's a no-brainer.

https://www.healthcare.gov/how-can-...-and-savings-on-marketplace-health-insurance/

says to use the keiser family foundation calculator. found here

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

according to this , I will have to pay 14,000 or so a year in premiums with something like 2000 in deductables.

right now i pay 2500.00 a year thru my employer with the word around the yard is that will be doubling in the new year. while 5000 is cheaper than 14,000 . i cant afford either. It also point out the tax this year will be 95.00 and will increase to 695 by 2014. per person.

and no expanded medicaid here either.

i really am stumped as what would be the best to do and am trying to educate myself as much as possible.
Yeah, no expanded medicaid is the killer. Without expanded medicaid the law is broken. Needs to be fixed (not thrown out, thankyou).

Playing with the numbers, I could pay about $240 at the poverty line but $3000 if I was a dollar poorer and in a different state. Makes a lot of sense...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'm at a blah point right now. I feel like.... life should have more meaning?

For some reason I suck at finding a SO. My job is... alright. I feel very trapped so instead I just try not to feel and then just keep doing my own thing. But it's lonely.

Sometimes I think I must just blend in to the wall.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
so ****ing annoyed with the dmv. no work today, its slow and they dont need me, so i didnt get any pay. then i got a letter from my landlord verifying i live here so i took that down along with the govt letter i got today and tried to get my ID. no dice. they wont take the letter from my LANDLORD. lady suggested a change of address from the post office, which costs a dollar and i cant pay it because i dont have a bank acct or credit card (both of which require ID). so i bought a greendot moneypak card, paid the $5 service charge, and paid my goddamn $1 for a change of address

and now i have ot wait LONGER to get a godsrotted ID card. I NEED A SECOND JOB, UNIVERSE. NOT NEXT YEAR. NOW.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Exactly this. If it wasn't for the Affordable Care Act, I would have lost insurance 2 years ago. Instead I'm just now losing it, and hopefully (if they ever get my identity verified so I can look at options >.<) I'll only have to go 2 months without insurance.
Yeah it's great ... Until you realize that it was shoved down our throats, and if you don't find SOME insurance by the time it takes effect they will find the crap out of you, yeah ... It's great.

Dear government ... There is a REASON I am not uninsured ... It's because I can't AFFORD it.

Ugh, I can't wait til is term is up.

Saeleofu

My vent? My mental health SUCKS. I'm swinging between 'so depressed I can't get out of bed' and only reading/browsing the web is keeping me distracted, to 'so depressed I'm contemplating hurting myself and/or other things.'

It's not like it was two years ago, I actually realize I can be happy and can remember the times that I was happy and that keeps me from going "well, I'm just going to slit my wrists now" and instead I go out for a walk or take something to make me sleep. But realistically, how much longer can I stand meds not working!? I've got a docs appointment and I'm going to bring up a couple things, but there is no easy or quick fix. And it seems like everything I try stops working after 3 months.
So, I think you should just lay in bed, watch Torchwood (or Doctor Who) for hours on end, and cry. Because that's my solution for everything. It may not change the way you feel (but it might), but at least it's something to do.

Yeah it's great ... Until you realize that it was shoved down our throats, and if you don't find SOME insurance by the time it takes effect they will find the crap out of you, yeah ... It's great.
There's been time to figure that part out....and it was NOT shoved down our throats...the plan was outlined when Obama was campaigning for the first time and he was voted in by the majority based on getting it done.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My college friend is getting married (yay!) I mean we are friends we banter on FB and I call her for her birthday but I wouldn't call her from prison kind of friendship you know?
I live in Boston, her groom has 10 groomsmen so she needed another girl.. she asked me and another friend to be a bridesmaids, I was happy to accept (I mean why not right?)

The thing is, she wants us all to buy these dresses that are about $450 :( the rest of the bridesmaids and I are all in agreement that that is A LOT of money for a dress (and a very simple dress at that, it's just designer) that we are going to wear ONCE

We talked to her about it but she is digging her heels in
She actually said "I've seen all of you in dresses more expensive than this! This is my day and I've spent so much more on each of you on this wedding"
to be fair
- Yes, we have dresses that cost that and more, but that's dresses that we LIKE
- She has spent a lot on travel, taking us to go pick out dresses, each persons plate etc.. BUT ITS FOR HER WEDDING

This is a very very expensive wedding. I should've maybe seen this coming but I thought there would be alternatives! (rent a dresses? more options?)

I feel so bad telling her I don't want to buy the dress or can't be in the wedding I mean she's SO STRESSED OUT already about everything.
but I just really don't want to spend that much.

Ugh wedding dramas.
I personally would never put my friends in this situation, pay for the dresses or have some wiggle room!

Airn

My college friend is getting married (yay!) I mean we are friends we banter on FB and I call her for her birthday but I wouldn't call her from prison kind of friendship you know?
I live in Boston, her groom has 10 groomsmen so she needed another girl.. she asked me and another friend to be a bridesmaids, I was happy to accept (I mean why not right?)

The thing is, she wants us all to buy these dresses that are about $450 :( the rest of the bridesmaids and I are all in agreement that that is A LOT of money for a dress (and a very simple dress at that, it's just designer) that we are going to wear ONCE

We talked to her about it but she is digging her heels in
She actually said "I've seen all of you in dresses more expensive than this! This is my day and I've spent so much more on each of you on this wedding"
to be fair
- Yes, we have dresses that cost that and more, but that's dresses that we LIKE
- She has spent a lot on travel, taking us to go pick out dresses, each persons plate etc.. BUT ITS FOR HER WEDDING

This is a very very expensive wedding. I should've maybe seen this coming but I thought there would be alternatives! (rent a dresses? more options?)

I feel so bad telling her I don't want to buy the dress or can't be in the wedding I mean she's SO STRESSED OUT already about everything.
but I just really don't want to spend that much.

Ugh wedding dramas.
I personally would never put my friends in this situation, pay for the dresses or have some wiggle room!
If she's more concerned with her bridesmaids wearing a certain dress than her friends being bridesmaids in her wedding.... I would say she probably shouldn't have 10 bridesmaids.

Then again, I'm not in the mindset of "This is MY day and I will do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING I WANT." Weddings are nice but they're not for the bride and groom. They're for the people you invite as well as the couple. If you want it to be just about YOU, don't have a wedding.

And saying she's seen you in a dress that's $450 is pretty crazy. "BUT YOU SPENT $800 ON YOUR PROM DRESS." Not really relevant to being a bridesmaid in a meh-friend's wedding....

noludoru

Bored Now.
I'm at a blah point right now. I feel like.... life should have more meaning?

For some reason I suck at finding a SO. My job is... alright. I feel very trapped so instead I just try not to feel and then just keep doing my own thing. But it's lonely.

Sometimes I think I must just blend in to the wall.
You're awesome. I doubt you blend into a wall! You're funny, energetic, and pretty, and that's not really a "wallflower" recipe. I think it's just crappy luck.

What are you doing to try to get out and meet new people?

So, I think you should just lay in bed, watch Torchwood (or Doctor Who) for hours on end, and cry. Because that's my solution for everything. It may not change the way you feel (but it might), but at least it's something to do.
I've done this with BSG and Charmed the whole week. BSG gets depressing, so Charmed. Charmed gets a little too effing cheery, and BSG.

Brattina88

I just saw on the news a woman who is mad she pays her tax dollars and yet when she called for help no one came for hours... A "pit bull" fell into her pool and couldn't get out, and had to tread water for hours while she made phone calls to get help. She was to afraid to get the dog out herself, and had emotional distress from hearing the dog cry as it treaded water for hours :mad: so she called the news station who in turn called the county kennel and they came and got the dog out. ... It was a PUPPY. And guess what, NOT a pit bull :mad:

I'm sorry. But what an idiot. She could've done SOMETHING instead of listening to the dog cry for "hours" while it was treading water :( :( :( and she wants something done to fix this, because she pays her taxes. I think something should be done with her personally ;) so now I'm sitting here arguing with relatives about it :rolleyes: this is why I don't watch the news :eek: LOL

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
You're awesome. I doubt you blend into a wall! You're funny, energetic, and pretty, and that's not really a "wallflower" recipe. I think it's just crappy luck.

What are you doing to try to get out and meet new people?
Generally just failing. I really don't have many ideas. :/

Thanks though. I wish there was more to do around here. There's just not much to do.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
My back hurts. Also, I'm in a life rut. I'm pretty sure I'm actually failing at life. I'm 32 and don't even know if I want kids, I can't manage to keep up with housework, my job is boring me to tears, I constantly feel disconnected with everything, and I just have no direction. And I still have no horse and very badly want one (yes, I know that is totally a first world problem, but it still sucks). I'm so jealous of people who know exactly what they want in life.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I feel so hurt by an argument I had with a loved one. I have expressed my feelings and... Nothing. There's nothing that came back. I might have talked to a wall instead.

Also, I am not sure if we are all having the same midlife crisis together... But I feel in a rut. I feel useless. My job is meh. It's a comfortable job with good pay, but it's just blah. I am stuck, too. This is not what I wanted to do with my life. I am too intimidated to go bank to school, plus I'm too stupid anyway. Also, I don't even know what I want to do. Everything I always wanted to do career wise is not available to me anymore.

I will join you in the wall, Laur.

Lyzelle

Sometimes talking to my ex-husband is like talking to a wall.

"I'm not giving you money!"
"You aren't anyway, you're just paying for the car."
"Well, I'm going to stop that!"
"You're going to stop paying a bill in your name? Good luck with that."
"I'm just not giving you money!"
"You're not...you're just paying YOUR bill."

:wall:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Misery loves company right? Sigh

I'm going to try meetup.com.

I make friends that could potentially be good friends but they move or something. And all of them are married and most with kids and it's just weird. And who knows what I want to do with my life job-wise? Or kids wise? I don't know and I should.... I turn 27 next week...

My totally petty problem: I woke up with a huge zit on my eyelid. My EYELID. I didn't even know that was possible.

Dogs6

Plus One
Made plans for last Friday with a bunch of friends I haven't seen Nina while but was asked to work. Changed plans to today and triple checked I wasn't working. Got a call at 11am today asking if I could start at 5. Plans now have to be changed AGAIN!!

crazedACD

There's been time to figure that part out....and it was NOT shoved down our throats...the plan was outlined when Obama was campaigning for the first time and he was voted in by the majority based on getting it done.
Misery loves company right? Sigh

I'm going to try meetup.com.

I make friends that could potentially be good friends but they move or something. And all of them are married and most with kids and it's just weird. And who knows what I want to do with my life job-wise? Or kids wise? I don't know and I should.... I turn 27 next week...

My totally petty problem: I woke up with a huge zit on my eyelid. My EYELID. I didn't even know that was possible.
Yesss, the kids thing is weird/uncomfortable to me too.

And it could be a stye on your eyelid?

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I'm in an almost-8yr relationship& people, once they have kids, rarely have anything in common with my boyfriend& I anymore. I don't know why& we try ..but, inevitably, they find friends with kids& we are reduced to Facebook& texts! I mean, I do know why ..but it's just so common to fall out of/ never get into friendships once there's a baby involved.

Members online

No members online now.