The Good News thread

Taqroy

I have to brag about this somewhere - in the last three years I've cut my school loans down to 1/3 of what I owed (which was about 17 grand). I am so freaking close to paying them off. Even if I just continue with my default payments they'll be gone in 18 months - if I go the way I have been it'll only be 8 months. :D I'm excited.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
That is SUPER Taq!! We've been paying down DH's loans hardcore as well - we're getting closer to the payoff date so much faster!

Taqroy

That is SUPER Taq!! We've been paying down DH's loans hardcore as well - we're getting closer to the payoff date so much faster!
Isn't it an awesome feeling? I was so shocked when I logged in today - I guess I haven't been paying much attention. Plus it seemed like it was going to take FOREVER when I put this plan in place three years ago lol. It sometimes sucks not having all that money to blow but I just try to think about all the things I can do when everything is paid off. (Which makes me a little depressed because Matt's student loans, my car loan, and the house loan are all after this....lol.)

That's so awesome Taq! I wish I could say the same!
Thanks and you'll get there!! I only got serious about my loans after one of my friends told me that they had kids before they paid theirs off and...they're still paying them. 9 years later. I didn't want to end up in that situation. (You're going to have to find something other than gangster motherhood to motivate you I guess.....lol.)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I found one of my zip up hooded sweatshirts. This makes me happy because I couldn't find any of them for the longest time and for some reason my house is always cold during the daytime. No idea why, it isn't this cold at night. So I was chilly and decided to go looking one last time and SUCCESS

I love comfy zip up sweaters

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Thank GOD.

I called Disneys photopass customer service line and they were able to recover all our photos so I can check out for REAL this time lol. PHEW what a relief.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It has been a stressful week and I've spent so long on conference calls, e-mailed back and forth a billion times, had angry conversations at Photoshop, my to-do list tripled in size...
But while on the phone today with one of the business owners, he told me they have been so pleased with everything I've done, my work ethic, and are so happy to have me on board.

Nobody has EVER said anything like that to me in my entire working life. It was shocking enough when they told me before I was hired "We're so excited to have you coming on board." And now even after the fact, they've got me on a contract, - they STILL say they're happy to have me working with them. Are you kidding me?!

I came home completely exhausted (and had to leave almost immediately to meet with my trainer) but I got out of the car, paused, then jumped up and punched the air and yelled "I LOVE MY JOB!" for anybody who cared to hear it.

I almost feel as fulfilled as I do when I train dogs. Almost. And that's pretty dang fulfilled.

Saeleofu

he told me they have been so pleased with everything I've done, my work ethic, and are so happy to have me on board.

Nobody has EVER said anything like that to me in my entire working life
It's pretty amazing, isn't it? I feel that way working at the zoo, too. At the clinic I'm never thanked, never told I'm doing a good job, nothing. At the zoo, I am thanked - and thanked sincerely - almost every day, and told "I'm glad you're here" often. It's such a wonderful feeling :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Isn't it an amazing feeling to be appreciated? At the preschool I am the assistant but the teacher treats me like another teacher than she can't be without and our boss is incredible. Ahe acts like everything we do is the best thing she has ever seen. She is genuine, caring and just an amazing lady. She is always leaving us goodies with our paychecks too like candy bars and gift certificates. it is amazing to feel appreciated isn't it? ;)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
It has been a stressful week and I've spent so long on conference calls, e-mailed back and forth a billion times, had angry conversations at Photoshop, my to-do list tripled in size...
But while on the phone today with one of the business owners, he told me they have been so pleased with everything I've done, my work ethic, and are so happy to have me on board.

Nobody has EVER said anything like that to me in my entire working life. It was shocking enough when they told me before I was hired "We're so excited to have you coming on board." And now even after the fact, they've got me on a contract, - they STILL say they're happy to have me working with them. Are you kidding me?!

I came home completely exhausted (and had to leave almost immediately to meet with my trainer) but I got out of the car, paused, then jumped up and punched the air and yelled "I LOVE MY JOB!" for anybody who cared to hear it.

I almost feel as fulfilled as I do when I train dogs. Almost. And that's pretty dang fulfilled.
I was so super taken aback the first time I was thanked or made to feel appreciated at work. It was like - what? Are you for real? This actually happens? You're not just telling me I made a mistake?

It's kind of amazing that something so simple can really make you feel.... well, amazing.

tzigane

Fantastic!! Congratulations!

-----

MY NEW CAMERA IS IN GREENSBORO!!! (Ahem...) It's so, so close, yet so far! I really hope it ends up coming today, even though the ETA is Monday. Not that it would do any good, considering my lenses won't be here until Tuesday or Wednesday. Boo! I don't care! I finally ordered my new camera!!

Members online

No members online now.